Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    !emocleW, ekiM!

• MBMorgan
    replied
    !ysenoB sknahT

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied

Think you’re dizzy?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    MBMorgan , fickseds yers, as well...
    It was actually easier, since I didn't havedta worry bout no Fedora fallin off...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MBMorgan002.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1080970

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
    Took th Liberty of rotatin yer avatar, so I wouldn't feel quite so dizzy...

Name:	Sister Avatar 002.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1080927
    Well, crap …

Name:	27FC9AAF-1414-43E2-B4E7-DA2B30967B9E.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1080965

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Bonesy!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Took th Liberty of rotatin yer avatar, so I wouldn't feel quite so dizzy...

Name:	Sister Avatar 002.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1080927

Leave a comment:

• Mojo0209
    replied
    I have the 18” WSM and have fit 2 14 lb briskets on it at once. I’m sure the 22 is great, I just like the fuel efficiency on the 18. I think either is a great choice. I store it like this so it doesn’t fill up with the rain.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit! That’s great that you’re buying him a smoker Peggy, and the WSM is a great choice for a dedicated smoker. I have one as well and love it. The longer you cook on it, the better it will seal. I noticed after my first 3 or 4 cooks on it, the residue buildup helped seal the lid and door a lot better…less air leaks. After that it will be much easier to maintain steady cooking temps. Also…..do you have a sister who is attracted to balding, pot bellied 65 year old men?
    Last edited by Panhead John; August 21, 2021, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rfhd69
    replied
    Welcome! I agree with the others regarding the WSM 22”. For that price point you’ll get an outstanding smoker that will churn out some amazing food once you guys figure it out. I’ve had mine for years and love it.

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

The Weber kettle (22" Performer, under $500) is a good option too as it has a small table attached. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack at full capacity, I could do 2 full packer briskets, 12 racks of ribs, or 6 pork shoulders. Or a combo of that ….. the 6 pork shoulders would cover the most …. 100 people

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack the thing I like on the WSM 22 is that I cook one rack of ribs for my wife and I up to multiple pork shoulders and racks of ribs for 30-40 people ….. and I can do that for a not expensive price for the cooker.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Hello from NW Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    I too would suggest the 22" WSM. Why it's a good choice has been well explained above. There is another benefit to the WSM however. You will have a couple of years of Birthday and Christmas presents covered as well by getting the mods and toys that go with the WSM. The one thing I would strongly recommend getting at the same time is a good leave in digital thermometer. One with ability to handle at least two probes is best. The one that comes preinstalled On the WSM is really only good for plugging up the hole Weber drilled in the lid. There are a lot of reviews over on the free side, with prices ranging from "that's not bad" to "Oh Boy!" Having an accurate reading of both pit and meat temperature is very important to making good BBQ. You're husband is a very lucky man to have a wife that equates "Birthday" with "new cooker". Next year, when he has mastered the WSM and is looking to upgrade, we'll introduce to to a great little company we call LSG.
    Last edited by willxfmr; August 20, 2021, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here