Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

The Weber kettle (22" Performer, under $500) is a good option too as it has a small table attached. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome! I agree with the others regarding the WSM 22”. For that price point you’ll get an outstanding smoker that will churn out some amazing food once you guys figure it out. I’ve had mine for years and love it.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! That’s great that you’re buying him a smoker Peggy, and the WSM is a great choice for a dedicated smoker. I have one as well and love it. The longer you cook on it, the better it will seal. I noticed after my first 3 or 4 cooks on it, the residue buildup helped seal the lid and door a lot better…less air leaks. After that it will be much easier to maintain steady cooking temps. Also…..do you have a sister who is attracted to balding, pot bellied 65 year old men?
          Last edited by Panhead John; August 21, 2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I have the 18” WSM and have fit 2 14 lb briskets on it at once. I’m sure the 22 is great, I just like the fuel efficiency on the 18. I think either is a great choice. I store it like this so it doesn’t fill up with the rain.
            Attached Files

Comment

Took th Liberty of rotatin yer avatar, so I wouldn't feel quite so dizzy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sister Avatar 002.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1080927

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Bonesy!

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
              Took th Liberty of rotatin yer avatar, so I wouldn't feel quite so dizzy...

Name:	Sister Avatar 002.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1080927
              Well, crap …

Name:	27FC9AAF-1414-43E2-B4E7-DA2B30967B9E.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1080965

Comment

MBMorgan , fickseds yers, as well...
                It was actually easier, since I didn't havedta worry bout no Fedora fallin off...

Name:	MBMorgan002.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1080970

Comment

Think you’re dizzy?
                  Attached Files

Comment

!ysenoB sknahT

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      !emocleW, ekiM!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here