Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    How many people do you figure the 22" would feed at full capacity? Peggy might not need that much space.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    WSM's smoke stuff jus fine, an there are folks who've won National BBQ Championships, usin em...

Welcome, an wishin ya th best of luck, in yer decision,,,,

BTW: Snazzy Brim ya got, goin on there, Lady!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 20, 2021, 09:25 PM. Reason: +p

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome Peggy. You came to the right place. I do not have an WSM now but have in the past. Great smoker. You have already gotten great advice. Does he have other cookers? Depending upon the rest of his lineup, I would also echo the SNS Kettle.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Hi Peggy and welcome to Pitmaster! It’s a very friendly place, for sure. No flame wars happen here. Except over what we put in our chili, but that’s another story ;-) …. Anyhow, I have a Weber Smokey Mountain 22” and think it is outstanding. I would highly recommend getting the 22” just because of the amount of food it can cook. It has two racks and each can handle a full brisket or 3 racks of ribs laid flat. Two weeks ago, I cooked 2 pork shoulders and 3 racks of ribs in mine and it handled it like a champ.

The WSM 22 costs about $400. Plus you could buy him a box of wood chunks from Fruitawood for adding to the fire for smoke. And you will be right there, price wise. And he will think you are amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    With a $500 budget, you could purchase an 18" WSM and a fan and controller. That would deliver a set it and forget it smoking experience.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Another option is the Masterbuilt Gravity smoker. Mine is pretty awesome.

Masterbuilt® Gravity Series® Charcoal Grill + Smokers. The next evolution in charcoal grilling and smoking is here. Smoke and sear capability. WiFi Bluetooth connectivity. The GravityFed™ Charcoal Hopper holds up to 15 hours of fuel and the DigitalFan™ Control maintains desired temperature. Set it and go.

Leave a comment:

• radiodome21
    replied
    I love mine. It took some time to figure it out but that’s part of the fun. I added a pellet grill to compliment it and still use it.

Leave a comment:

• Jared49
    commented on 's reply
    ⬆️ What he said and welcome to the pit family. I have WSM 18.5” and love it. He will love the 22”

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Bronco experiences here:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Yup. If your husband has something already to grill steaks, then the WSM is a good choice. Another option is the Oklahoma Joe Bronco barrel smoker, which is just $350.

The Oklahoma Joe’s® Bronco Drum Smoker gives more so you get more. More precision and more control to an authentic smoking experience.

if he does not have a grill already for steaks, then it is hard to go wrong with a SNS grill which is essentially a Weber kettle with a bunch of thoughtful upgrades that most Weber owners have to make to their kettles anyway.

SnS Grills is the leading provider of high-quality BBQ charcoal inserts and grills. Our inserts and grills are perfect for backyard barbecues, camping trips, tailgating or any outdoor adventure. From beginner to championship BBQ-ing we have a solution for your small batch smoking and grilling needs. We help you BBQ!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    + 1 and welcome to The Pit.

• SmokingPat
    replied
    I've had a WSM 18" for 5 years, and I'd buy it again if it broke (which it won't).

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    I’m a big fan of the WSM. Easy to use, and easy to keep temps on. I don’t own one, but have used it several times.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I think the Weber Smokey Mountain would be a fine choice in your price range. I have the 22.5" and really like it, although I am still learning the ins and outs of it.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    The WSN smoker is certainly a good cooker. As noted above, not a set and forget cooker though. Perhaps as alternatives a Pit Barrel Cooker? (PBC)
    Or an Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here