Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show a picture of your favorite grill, smoker or whatever you love to cook on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show a picture of your favorite grill, smoker or whatever you love to cook on.

We all have our favorite piece of equipment that we love to cook on. It can be a flat top, grill, smoker, stove, etc. I have a lot of grills/smokers and I like them all. But below are pictures of my favorite grill - the PK360.

Versatile, functional, well built and darn good looking. I purchased the black durabilium shelves so I could just leave them out in the elements without worrying about them getting damaged. But I originally bought one of the first 100 PK360's offered (No. 066) with the ironwood shelves. The wood shelves are classy and the cover fits great, but neither are offered anymore. The PK360 is hands down my favorite grill.

Let's see a pic (and story) of your favorite grill, smoker, flat top or whatever.
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version  Name:	4CE4D731-1F00-4F45-9EB6-0B4AF4249B97.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	1059290Click image for larger version  Name:	FF41332C-A1AC-4AB9-8F92-02AB3F389158.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	1059289Click image for larger version  Name:	1592305C-A11F-48B6-AEA7-F6B9246AB587.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	906.4 KB ID:	1059288 Mine is my Recteq RT-700. Pellet smoker. I love it! Photos are when new 2.5 yrs ago, with winter blanket etc. It’s avLOT dirtier now. But I think of that as seasoning. 🙄🤣

Comment

• Beefchop
      Beefchop commented
      Editing a comment
      The horns are a nice touch.

I don’t have pics, because it’s whatever grill I don’t have and am drooling over at the moment. It will always be my favorite outdoor cooker. So, it’s a KBQ, a Franklin offset, or the soon to be released Weber Gravity Smoker/Grill…and no I don’t know something y’all don’t, it’s just wishful thinking that they’re going to announce it right before the IPO.
    Last edited by glitchy; July 13, 2021, 08:00 AM. Reason: my instead of me as I’m not a pirate

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, we need a "love it" button!

It takes a bit to get the fire up right - sometimes you have to spritz with some water to get it under control. But here's my take on Santa Maria...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cutbacks%5FStructural%5FFirefighting.bmp
Views:	348
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	1059372

Comment

Can't do it. It's like picking your favorite kid. I love cooking on all of them, especially the ones I don't have yet!
      Last edited by CaptainMike; July 12, 2021, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I have too many favorites and cannot chose just one.

Meanwhile here's one that I would never give up. It is my cool evening partner. There's nothing like a short cook while enjoying some wheated bourbon and tending fire on the Watchman.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Legs on the Watchman.jpg Views:	0 Size:	467.6 KB ID:	1059509

Last edited by Alphonse; July 13, 2021, 08:20 AM. Reason: add youtube

Comment

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          You buy them as a kit or prebuilt. I bought the kit and did the welding. The quality of the precut parts was outstanding on the kit I received. I will likely be welding another one for a friend this fall.

Here's the kit: https://thewatchmanstove.com/products/diy-kit The cost is bumped up by the shipping but it is a very heavy package.

• Rfhd69
          Rfhd69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s awesome! I’ve never seen one

• tenphases
          tenphases commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great!

Currently...

Attached Files

Comment

Currently, it's my XL BGE. At least until my Gator Pit arrives!
          Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could do it. Right now it would be hard to narrow it down though.

A year or two ago, I would have instantly said it was my green Performer Deluxe. But in the past year, I've added a large flat top and a SNS Deluxe Kamado to the mix, and have done 90% of my cooks on the two new cookers. But if I could only have ONE, it would probably still be the Performer. Which my son and son in law BOTH have their eyes on every time they come here. I tell them its the only one I can rotisserie on, and that it is also still here for overflow smoking when I need to cook more than will fit on the SNSK...

Comment

Although I spend a lot of time lately fantasizing about a fancy array of new cookers in a fantasy outdoor kitchen, my ancient #9 Kamado just keeps on cooking. It clearly will outlast me.

Name:	2021-02-11 15.40.02 (2).jpg
Views:	301
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1059565

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Those kamados are a real work of art, and are a lifetime grill.

Right now, this one! Barbed wire "skirt" is gone.Click image for larger version

Name:	B25FD0A3-DACD-4886-AD51-57331E109284.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	1059595

Comment

• Beefchop
                Beefchop commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Sue, is that a Jambo?

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's a Backyard on a Geer Trailer. Jamie built it in 2016.

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a backyard Jambo too. Just got the upgraded grates for it from Jaime. It’s great, but love my PK a tad bit more.

My 22" WSM is my favorite to use. It's very consistent at holding temperatures, and it puts out some great BBQ.
              Attached Files

Comment

I Can't, I Can't, No way! Sorry...

Comment

Name:	AA3CBC6C-3342-4407-B524-4B53A7527DC7.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	1059614

Comment

My LSG insulated cabinet

Name:	IMG_0493.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1059640

Name:	IMG_0635.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1059639
                  There were 2 of these 17# pork shoulder for pulled pork.

Name:	PP2.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	1059641

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here