Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker Advice... Help me spend my money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want something with serious capacity, looks fantastic, almost too big for your backyard ...... take a look at AZ BBQ Outfitters, especially the Tombstone

AZ BBQ Outfitters fabricates Heavy Duty Grills and Smokers with materials from the USA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	page7-1001-full.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1034344

Comment

Stick burners are all fine and dandy - but do you have the trees to feed them? For some stupid reason everyone in Miami is obsessed with those damn worthless palm trees (except smart people, smart people hate em UNLESS they give you coconuts and even then you really want them close enough to your house to get free coconuts but not in your yard). Palm trees are worthless for smoking.

If you live in the Redlands, or know people who do, and they are willing to let you harvest a mango tree every so often that could be interesting. But otherwise where will you get the logs?

Charcoal smokers solve that problem. You only need wood chunks then. By the way, I buy the bags of logs from Home Depot (kingsford brand) then cut em up with my band saw. This way I always have GOOD chunks, pre-cut chunks invariably contain some good pieces but mostly joke pieces.

As mentioned there are some large capacity vertical gravity fed smokers. They can also be connected to a fan thermostat. But then again, once I crammed 8 full racks of baby back ribs in my Primo XL using the extended racks. It was a tight fit, but it worked. I am sure I could do at least three boston butts or 2 briskets, just not at the same time. However if I had the weber and SNS Kamado and mt Primo XL, and everything had the controller, I can see the volume of food you mentioned being done. Using all three. And as a bonus, when I do not need to cook that much I can just use one. Or two. Flexibility. Where the enormous cooker will always be enormous. Great when I need it, but kind of a PITA when I do not need that muck space.

Comment

• JoseGator
        JoseGator commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree on the wood. Currently I order from fruitawood by the case and just order mini splits or the cross cut and it works great. Another plus for charcoal pits is that I the access to charcoal.

I have been known to run multiple pits at once. I even upgraded to 2 separate a FireBoard drive models so I can control the both grills separately. Definitely like the flexibility.

I really dislike how the Kamado is so much hotter up against the walls so cramming it full just does not work.

Check out insulated Cabinet Smokers. Charcoal and chunk, large capacity, and very efficient. Can hook up a fan as a controller. Here are a few to check out Lone Starz; Humphrey's; Assassin; Pit Maker

Overall Dimensions: 34" width x 31" depth x 62" tall Interior and exterior constructed from 11ga steel with 2000 degree insulation sandwiched in-between Cook Chamber Dimensions: 28" x 27" Product Details: 4 nickel-plated NSF approved wire sliding/pull-out food grates (6.75" clearance between racks) Fully flanged and ga

Our Lead Times are running approximately 12-24 weeks.  Please check our available  smoker page for your immediate needs.  Please call to place your order. Our Standard Cabinet smoker line consist of the Battle Box, Pint, DownEast Beast, Qube'd  Pint, Pint Plus, Beast Plus, Single Wide and Double Wide, Extended Double W

Comment

• JoseGator
        JoseGator commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for taking the time to provide the links as well as the suggestions!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here