Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Kudos to Weber Support - They're BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    glitchy No worries. Chances are though that if you eat it, eat from it, cook on it or with it, or otherwise use it in cooking we have a channel for it somewhere.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I missed this channel, I got hung up thinking it isn’t gas, charcoal or pellet specific, thanks for the pointer and move.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    The best company has customer service that is not needed.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    This pertains more to Grills (Misc. Grills, to be specific) than to Off Topic. The Off Topic channel here is for anything off the topic of food, cookers, cooking, etc. Thank you for noting this for the future.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    If I were to hear reports of that type of customer service from Traeger, well you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    +1. No way Weber and some of the other bigger companies let’s Masterbuilt have that segment all to themselves.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Sticks and heavy metal have never been their thing and definitely not their usual target market, so I'll keep watching Craigslist and Marketplace for that used gem original OKJ or Horizon to pop up. Definitely not holding my breath for Weber to make an offset.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I agree the best support is that support that is never needed. However, if you exclude the SmokeFire, IMO Weber seems to do an exceptional job of price vs construction vs warranty. They make things strong enough that it usually lasts for years for most customers and stand behind it when it doesn't. Outside of the SmokeFire, I've made one call to Weber for a failure that wasn't likely shipping damage, Maybe they could package better, but I think until past couple years most sales were in a store.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Never say never, but I do see it as highly unlikely. If they decide to team up with Fireboard for controllers though all bets could be off ;-)

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    You mention sticks. Not trying to hijack this thread. However, I am betting that they will not add sticks to that arsenal. I am betting that a competition to the Masterbuilt may be on the horizon by them and a number of other companies. ..

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I tell customers all the time. I cannot 100% promise zero mistakes. But I can promise that we will fix the mistakes when they happen. Been concerned about Weber. This is a step in the right direction for sure. Interested in how the new accessories work for you.

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    replied
    Nice to learn, but he goal of a good product company should be to design products that don't require much customer support.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    So, Smokefire round 3?

(I kid)

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Those dang kids on lawns :-) I do agree that I should have never gotten some of the responses I did a year ago, but if their call volumes truly did double or triple, I think it’s worthy of a shout out that they’ve staffed and trained to support it. As well, I’ve heard the ‘This is the first time I’ve ever heard of that’ on just about ANY product issue I’ve ever inquired about, several other grill companies included. I find it extremely annoying, but it must be taught in business school now.

• Donw
    replied
    Good to hear, but I guess I am old fashion in that I expect customer service to provide good service all the time.

My understanding is that for a while they were letting their customers down by staying mute on issues with certain cookers, and generally depending on press releases to address issues. Maybe I’m misinformed, but doing the job you are supposed to do is not reason for praise.

I am very glad that they have taken care of your issues quickly, and I hope this trend continues with all customers.

I now step off my soap box and return to muttering to myself about those kids on my lawn.🙂

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest