Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Kudos to Weber Support - They're BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Kudos to Weber Support - They're BACK!

Posting here since it doesn't necessarily pertain to a specific type of Weber grill for the channels.

I have to give HUGE kudos to Weber support. They are really getting back on track and are back to going the extra mile to support customers. Early in the pandemic, I reached out to them concerning some of the issues I ran into with the SmokeFire. I had mixed results in responsiveness, helpfulness, etc. depending on who answered the phone and how long I had to wait (one time was 90 minutes). I accepted the feedback that they were really struggling with the overwhelming increase in calls due to COVID and all the customers cooking at home more frequently than before. I was even promised a follow up call at one point from a supervisor that never came.

Fast forward to 2021 and they have flat out proven they were working hard to get back to the support they were known for. They stood behind the SmokeFire, took it back with no questions as well as the accessories I bought directly from them. They called and followed up a couple times during the return even to make sure trucking company had scheduled pickup and gotten the grill.

In my brief time pellet grill free, I decided that I wanted the new Kamado hinge free diffuser plate for my WSCG, and the rep said even though it wasn't listed as officially supported on Gen 1, he thought it would be just fine too and even offered me a discount on it. I'm not sure if the discount was because I was trying something unproven (though we both knew it would fit just fine), being courteous because of my SmokeFire history, or just something they do frequently when customers are actually paying for parts instead of getting them via warranty.

Last week, I picked up the newly released Weber Traveler from HomeDepot.com. When it arrived, the side table was cracked, but still stays in place. I'm guessing this most likely occurred during shipping. Since it didn't seem to affect anything I continued forward using the grill and just sent an e-mail in later that night with a picture to see if it could be replaced. Within 24 hours, an order was in the system for a replacement table.

This morning, I get a call from a Weber support supervisor following up to make sure all I need is the table itself and making sure that I didn't need any additional hardware. So I ran up and looked under the grill, looks like just a few screws, so told him the table itself should be fine. Then he said he wanted to send something to make up for the inconvenience. Wow is about all I can say. They didn't have any Traveler accessories, so I asked what the griddle pan is in some of their Traveler promo shots and bam, Gourmet BBQ System griddle pan on the way.

Really glad I held out for that Traveler instead of going for a Napoleon TravelQ. I'm sure the Napoleon is great too, but happy that I bought again from Weber after they stood behind the SmokeFire. Now I just wish they make something that burnt sticks

Good to hear, but I guess I am old fashion in that I expect customer service to provide good service all the time.

My understanding is that for a while they were letting their customers down by staying mute on issues with certain cookers, and generally depending on press releases to address issues. Maybe I’m misinformed, but doing the job you are supposed to do is not reason for praise.

I am very glad that they have taken care of your issues quickly, and I hope this trend continues with all customers.

I now step off my soap box and return to muttering to myself about those kids on my lawn.🙂

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Those dang kids on lawns :-) I do agree that I should have never gotten some of the responses I did a year ago, but if their call volumes truly did double or triple, I think it’s worthy of a shout out that they’ve staffed and trained to support it. As well, I’ve heard the ‘This is the first time I’ve ever heard of that’ on just about ANY product issue I’ve ever inquired about, several other grill companies included. I find it extremely annoying, but it must be taught in business school now.

So, Smokefire round 3?

(I kid)

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Never say never, but I do see it as highly unlikely. If they decide to team up with Fireboard for controllers though all bets could be off ;-)

Nice to learn, but he goal of a good product company should be to design products that don't require much customer support.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree the best support is that support that is never needed. However, if you exclude the SmokeFire, IMO Weber seems to do an exceptional job of price vs construction vs warranty. They make things strong enough that it usually lasts for years for most customers and stand behind it when it doesn't. Outside of the SmokeFire, I've made one call to Weber for a failure that wasn't likely shipping damage, Maybe they could package better, but I think until past couple years most sales were in a store.

I tell customers all the time. I cannot 100% promise zero mistakes. But I can promise that we will fix the mistakes when they happen. Been concerned about Weber. This is a step in the right direction for sure. Interested in how the new accessories work for you.

Comment

You mention sticks. Not trying to hijack this thread. However, I am betting that they will not add sticks to that arsenal. I am betting that a competition to the Masterbuilt may be on the horizon by them and a number of other companies. ..

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sticks and heavy metal have never been their thing and definitely not their usual target market, so I'll keep watching Craigslist and Marketplace for that used gem original OKJ or Horizon to pop up. Definitely not holding my breath for Weber to make an offset.

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        +1. No way Weber and some of the other bigger companies let’s Masterbuilt have that segment all to themselves.

If I were to hear reports of that type of customer service from Traeger, well you get the idea.

Comment

This pertains more to Grills (Misc. Grills, to be specific) than to Off Topic. The Off Topic channel here is for anything off the topic of food, cookers, cooking, etc. Thank you for noting this for the future.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I missed this channel, I got hung up thinking it isn’t gas, charcoal or pellet specific, thanks for the pointer and move.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy No worries. Chances are though that if you eat it, eat from it, cook on it or with it, or otherwise use it in cooking we have a channel for it somewhere.

The best company has customer service that is not needed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here