Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best cooker ever. Period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best cooker ever. Period.

No wood to split. No charcoal to purchase. No hopper to fill. No wall socket needed. No running to the propane filling station. No getting up in the middle of the night Set and forget. Yes folks, this one has it all.

Sol Cook | United States | All Season Solar Cooker

Please, no pushing. No shoving. No flooding the market with your used gear.

I dunno man. It doesn't slice OR dice...

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, I don't see the Ron Popeil seal of approval anywhere on that site

They all run out of fuel sooner or later

Comment

When we need to block out the sun when the machines take over it will be useless.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

It all looks like pretty standard stuff ... except for its miraculous ability to extract salt from fresh water:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 7.42.30 AM.png
Views:	380
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	1008060

... sign me up!!!

Comment

• Kevin Fuess
        Kevin Fuess commented
        Editing a comment
        Well fresh water contains on the average .02% salt. So..... for a mere 62 gallons of water you could get 1# of salt.

• Kevin Fuess
        Kevin Fuess commented
        Editing a comment
        Well my decimal got moved. That would be 620 gallons of water for that pound of salt.

Wonder how long an 18# full packer would take?

On another bright note, that's a killer looking stew on their web page. I'll give them thumbs up for that

Comment

I just don’t picture Jeremiah Johnson pull this out of his pack, settin up camp, & cookin rabbit. No sir!
        Now, Peewee Herman, yessir! It’s all aesthetics these days there fella.

Comment

Hey watch those Pee-Wee Herman comments, his cooking skills are actually world renowned

Comment

FOR SALE: Weber 22” Kettle and WSM. Cheap...Accessories Included.
            Attached Files

Comment

P.T. Barnum had a saying for people who buy stuff like this. How did that go.......

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                For him, it went great! He died rich.
                Last edited by 58limited; March 24, 2021, 03:26 PM.

Fails at overnight cooks. 1-star.

Comment

"No getting up in the middle of the night Set and forget" must be one Bright Full Moon.

Comment

I think I cooked a hot dog in a tinfoil covered shoe box in 5th grade. If I only patented it back then!

Comment

• gcdmd
                    gcdmd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Calling chemical/electrical engineers:

If you hooked the electrodes from a potato battery to the ends of a hot dog, which one would get cooked? It would depend on the acids in one vs. the other, I suppose.

Does it come with an optional magnifying glass to focus the sun's rays and give food a nice char?

Comment

I've been making manifold-cooked foil-wrapped burritos on jeep trips for 30 years and they come out pretty good. there's even a company or two that make "ovens" that install underhood and hold multiple burritos, hot dogs or whatever.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here