Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, "Its..."

Comment

Product Details: 100% MADE IN USA including the pellet feeder hopper and the PID controller PID Controller is designed by FireBoard Labs giving you the ultimate in temperature control and unrivaled plotting and logging capabilities.  You have the ability to add notes and pictures with each cook creating a personal digi

you should check this out before buying. Outstanding company. Outstanding products.
      Watch the review video. It's amazing.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

I believe that the pellet grill is a more useful grill/smoker for a few reasons. It is a wood fueled outdoor oven that can roast and bake at higher temps without a smoke profile much like an indoor oven. The pellet grill also can be set on a smoke setting for low and slow cooks placing a mild smoke profile on food which is satisfying to those who do not want heavy smoke. With that being said when more smoke is wanted a smoke tube can be used to increase the need. I have a Camp Chef and have used it for many purposes, as far as higher temps to sear and grill removing the deflector plate and drip tray allows the fire box to have direct contact with the grates or a flat top griddle if you want.

Comment

Since your used to the size and shape of a vertical smoker, Pit Boss makes a few versions of vertical pellet smokers that check all your requirements. I lost mine to a falling limb in the Great Texas Ice Storm of 2021and I’m planning on replacing it with another one soon. I had the $399 Lowe’s version and will probably replace it with the new and improved one from Lowe’s for the same price.

Comment

• smokyYank
              smokyYank commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi TxF,

Thanks. Please see my concern about MB and PitBoss below...

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

As of now, Masterbuilt and PitBoss verticals are on my final list, along with a used MAK 2-star general that's local.

It appears that everything Masterbuilt and PitBoss make are mostly made of painted steel and will rust out, even if the cooking liner is stainless. True?

Comment

• rickgregory
                  rickgregory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eventually, probably depending on local conditions, whether you cover it etc. But they're cheap. If it's in good condition and the price is reasonable, I'd for sure get the Mak

• smokyYank
                  smokyYank commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Rick!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here