Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO- Tuffy "The Professor" Stone: Brisket! (90 mins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope someday the seminars have closed caption. I am hearing impaired so I don't get much out of them.

Comment

Guy: I'll look into it. Sounds expensive, but membership in the Pitmaster Club has really changed pour bottom line.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        You sir are a stand up guy. Thxs for the Pit!

I just got the oppurtunity to watch this. Priceless and definitely worth the club price. Good, good information. I hope to get to meet him someday, really seems like a class act. Thanks Meathead.

Comment

One question I had was why he cooks his briskets at 275-300 degrees yet at his restaurant he cooks them at 200. That baffled me. I have a high quality pit and would not mind trying to cook whole packers at 275-300.

Comment

• Pork Lord
          Pork Lord commented
          Editing a comment
          Now my mind is spinning. I wonder, I I was to inject liquified butter into the brisket, could this help make it a faux prime cut? Cooking at a higher heat? It is all animal fat after all?

• docblonder
          docblonder commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't never the same. You'd have to inject in hundreds of locations to replicate the fat marbling, and butter likely to ooze out prematurely in the cook. Fat renders slowly.

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck, all brisket is expensive nowadays! Some thoughts: The point is heavily marbled even on cheap cuts, and so are beef side ribs. So, unless you are competing, maybe you should focus on them? I just bought a brisket, separated the point, smoked the point, pickled the lean flat , served half as corned beef, and smoked the other half as pastrami....

I know I have an elementary question here but I'd like other's input on burnt ends. In past I've always separated the point and flat once the flat was done. I wrap the flat put in a cooler and cut up the point for my burnt ends. It seems my flat experiences moisture loss through this process. When I go to cut up the flat for our meal it's drier than I'd like. Any pointers on this part of the cook? Do many of you separate the point and flat PRIOR to starting the cook?

Btw... Loved this seminar with Tuffy. Thank you!

Comment

Loved it

Comment

pork lord.ithink he meant he cooked the briskit to 200 at restaraunt

Comment

New Pit member and I've got to say "Wow". This was the most informative and enjoyable 90 minutes I've spent all year. Tuffy redefines "class act". But, Meathead - you rocked the house yourself. Thank you!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to The Pit, Cloudsmoker! Give us an introduction over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you can!

This kind of information makes my Pit club dues seem like a bargain...

Comment

Can't believe I've only just got around to watching this. 90 minutes (probably doubled as I kept going back to recap) well spent. A page full of notes and a full weekend of testing to do now!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here