Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUYER BE WARE: My Experience with Smoke Hollow Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUYER BE WARE: My Experience with Smoke Hollow Customer Service

Afternoon all, I think I am posting this in the right section, if not my apologies mod please move.

I wanted to let you all know of my absolutely horrible experience with the customer service team at Smoke Hollow.

My wife's Family went in on a Charcoal Grill from Costco made by Smoke Hollow as a gift for their Father on Fathers day this year.

We bought the grill online and when it came time to assemble the chimney stacks were missing entirely.

I immediately reached out to Smoke Hollow and received no response. My wife reached out, no response. Her dad reached out, no response. I reached out probably 4 times before I finally got a response in the beginning of September, from originally communicating in May.

After finally getting a response I had to register the product on there website not once but twice before they could process my warranty repair. It then took almost another month until I got an email saying the parts were on the way. 2 weeks pass and no parts with no tracking number so I email again and am now told the parts are out of stock and will be sent when available. Its now the end of November and still nothing from them and they have never reached out once, I have had to do all the follow up.

This is a very very very sad case of customer service whether we are in a pandemic or not. My advise to anyone looking to purchase a smoke hollow is to look else where!!

Thank you. I’m really sorry about your experience but glad you brought it to our attention

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I 2nd
      good to know TX U

Wow, thank you for sharing. I've been ignored by CS from companies before and it is beyond frustrating and insulting at the same time.

Comment

• mavrick300
      mavrick300 commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure, and I get that a pandemic is going on but they at least need an auto reply with a case number telling you how long it should take. Leaving people in the dark is never a good business practice.

Costco wouldn't do anything for you? I've usually had good luck with them. Even with this amount of time, I think if you told them what you have done to this point they might help you out.

Comment

Costco will take it back.

Comment

That's terrible. If you're on any social media sites link to them and put your complaint there. For some reason that often gets a quicker response.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Can you return it?

Comment

Seems their promises are Hollow and they are blowin' Smoke...

Comment

Whenever we've had problems, take back to Costco.

Comment

+1 For letting Costco deal with it. Their customer service people will bend over backwards to help you out.

Comment

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that! I would definitely take it back to Costco at this point and get a refund.

If you ever have a situation like this arise again, get in contact with CS from Costco.com. They are able to find out if parts are available (some of the merchandise is made in runs, so replacement parts aren't always available) and if parts are available, they can order them for you.

Comment

So here is my Costco story, which I'm sure I've told before. I bought a 'Kirkland' pop up canopy to use at the farmers market. I had it for nearly a year when the wind blew it over and bent a leg. Contacted Costco to see about getting a replacement leg. The referred me to the manufacturer saying it was still under warranty, and if they didn't take care of me to get back in touch with them. Called manufacturer who said they don't supply replacement parts. Called Costco and they told me to return it, which I did for a full refund. I then bought a name brand pop up canopy off Costco.com, checking first they supplied replacement parts. First day a strut bent when folding it up. Called manufacturer to see about getting the part and they sent me a new canopy and return label to send the 'old' one back.

I can guarantee, with 99.9% accuracy, that if you take back that smoker and explain you issues they'll issue a full refund.

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +1 Costco is well known for their excellent return policy. No questions asked usually.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You sure have some bad experiences with pop-up canopy legs. When I decide to get one I am going to check with you first on which ones meet your standards.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! Mostly wanted to warn you all about their customer service. We all know they are a low priced grill maker but it really goes to show that you get what you pay for.

Thankfully I was able to get my wife family to listen to me for once and we are going to return the charcoal grill to Costco and buy him a new Camp Chef pellet grill which he will be more then pleased with!

That is one thing amazing about costco for sure. I did a chat with them yesterday and they wanted me to mail it back but I had to go before I could finish and ask if I could just take it in store as it would be much easier.

Comment

I buy every piece of hardware on my platinum amex. they double warranties and I have never had any problem getting my fees worth... heck TSA dropped a 4000$ laptop 2 months after I bought it and AMEX replaced it. TSA by the way doesn't give a crap about breaking your stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here