Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Pride Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Pride Smoker

I had to run down to the State of Iowa today and I came across this smoker at the local Hy-Vee. Has anyone ever seen one before? It appeared to be well made. Runs gas with wood chunks for smoke. It wasn't running but it had some buttons for a rotisserie, thermostat and auto start. Just curious if anyone has worked with one or owns one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	166095 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	166096 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	166097

Looks like Max has. http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...-pride-mlr-150
    Wooo-weee look at dat price tag!

Comment

Them and Ole Hickory are the humdingers of the restaurant world.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        Looks like Max has. http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...-pride-mlr-150
        Wooo-weee look at dat price tag!
        Hahahaha, HOLY S#!^ man. I had no idea I was looking at a "Rolls Royce''.(according to their promo video) Damn, really wonder if it was the stores or a local restaurant catering the joint. But that sucker wasn't even chained up or anything. It was chained shut but thats it. Pretty trust worthy down here, I guess.

After watching that video, I might run over there, hook it up to the Silver Rhino and skip back up to MN!!! Man that thing is sweet. I wish it would have been running when I was there!!
        Last edited by Spinaker; May 10, 2016, 09:39 PM. Reason: Watched the product video in Rating and Reviews

Comment

A model that will hold 24 briskets is about $16,000 and some change

And that is a stationary model not something on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
            A model that will hold 24 briskets is about $16,000 and some change

And that is a stationary model not something on wheels
            Crazy Man. Id love to try one sometime.

Comment

Boys, I think you have just Jumped to the Ivy League? This Old Ditch Digger and BackYard Cremator can't afford that kind of Status Symbol!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
                Boys, I think you have just Jumped to the Ivy League? This Old Ditch Digger and BackYard Cremator can't afford that kind of Status Symbol!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                At that price and volume. Either you have a huge family or your running a business. But how cool would that be to have that rig at your house? Hell its so flat up in your neck of the woods, I could probably smell the smoke from down here.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smoque BBQ in Chicago has three stationary units in their restaurant.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doesn't not surprise me a bit.

That's a big beauty.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here