Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mastbuilt ThermoTemp propane smoker MB20051316

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastbuilt ThermoTemp propane smoker MB20051316

I am looking to buy a Masterbuilt gas smoker like the 340G XL (confused buy models and names sportsman elite, adventure etc). Everyone seems to be out stock.

Are they retooling for a new version? Just out of stock? Discontinuing?

If you can enlighten me on the model names it would also be appreciated.

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by Mike99; June 12, 2020, 08:48 AM.

Haven't heard of any major retooling of this model. But many companies are currently out of stock due to shipping disruption caused by the pandemic.

Comment

I bought a 340 G ThermoTemp a year ago.

The thermostat didn't work right out of the box. It couldn't be set to run lower than around 250 F.

Never got it the issue resolved.

Assembly is a bi#ch.

I won't buy from them again.
      Last edited by Bkhuna; June 12, 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Mike99
        Mike99 commented
        Editing a comment
        wasn't the problem covered under warranty?

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        If just like to say that, while Bkhuna 's problems are certainly significant and unfortunate, and I don't doubt or discount his account, I didn't have any such problems. Assembly was tedious, but not too difficult, especially after watching the YouTube video. My temperature control works quite well and maintains temp well once you get it dialed in. I like it very much. I'm cooking on it right now, in fact.

@Mike99

No. No warranty repair. I received several emails telling me what the probable cause was. The solution they offered was for me to try to fix it myself. Anyone that has assembled one of these knows the difficulty of this idea. I'm not going to crawl around on my knees trying to fix something that didn't work out of the box. It's too large and heavy to put up on a work bench in my physical condition.

I came up with a work around but the temperature control is useless. My last email was replied to with a canned response about how they're only helping warranty issues.

The irony is thick enough to cut with a knife.

Comment

Mike99 Amazon is currently showing 14 available. On sale 24% off! Sale price is $303.99 for Prime members. With free shipping. Says delivery by July 3rd. I used the link from the Amazing Ribs website review of the MPS 340/G XL.

​​​​​​​Enjoy it! I enjoy mine.

Comment

• Cibla
          Cibla commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered from Amazon and got a dented one with a door that would not latch. I could tell someone had returned it from the packaging. It was in the MB box with lots of tape. It was a bear to get back in the box. Ordered another and waited to take the first one to UPS, so they wouldn't send me the same one. Haha. They sent another in worse shape sealed with scotch tape. So I gave in and ordered thru Target online for around $30 more. It could be returned to any Target store, but turned out okay.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here