Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masterbuilt MPS 340G is on the patio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterbuilt MPS 340G is on the patio!

Ordered it from Home Depot July 13th, one day after I got back from our vacation. They assembled it on the 18th and delivered it on the 22nd in the morning. I had to refuse it because it was damaged and I was not looking forward to having to wait 1 - 2 weeks to get it replaced. BUT, Home Depot stepped up to the plate and hit a home run for customer service! The manager called another store, had a replacement smoker assembled properly and had it delivered the very same day! Then they comped me a full propane tank! That is what I call Exceeding Expectations!

So I finished seasoning it today and plan to test it with some chicken thighs by the end of this coming week and then some St. Louie style pork ribs that have been sitting in my freezer since before we went on our 25th Anniversary cruise to Alaska.

I need to find a cover for it that will cover the propane tank too. If anyone has a cover recommendation, I would love to hear about it.

Congrats! That's good service.

Comment

Congrats on the new toy! 😃 I hope it serves you well for years and years! 👍

Funny thing about Home Depot since we bought the house back in April... while initial purchases, particularly big ones frequently have issues (riding lawnmower delivered with missing pieces, deck box broke a hinge within 24 hours of purchase, etc), if you ask to speak to a manager instead of going to the customer service desk they will absolutely JUMP THRU HOOPS to make it right, provided you’re calm and polite and not a raging lunatic.

Comment

Congratulations on the new cooker.

Comment

Here is the Amazon link for the proper cover. It covers the unit and the propane tank. I purchased this cover and it fits perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps
          Last edited by lbyer; July 29, 2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Larry!

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

Congrats! lets see that new cooker in action!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here