Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

340G aka MB20051316 ordered! A few more questions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

340G aka MB20051316 ordered! A few more questions please?

Hey again everyone. Just stopping in to say that I've ordered this smoker and it's arriving this Friday. I've also ordered the Thermoworks Smoke digital thermometer. I've been searching for a cover for this smoker but the one that Masterbuilt has for it is out in all the places I know to look. Suggestions? Anything else I should be thinking on getting? Also, have any of you been able to smoke a whole brisket in this smoker? Thanks again for answering all the newb questions!

Amazon has a lot of various covers from third parties. I’ve had a little luck on a couple for various grills/smokers.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Check Coversandall.com - they may have one for your smoker or you can have it made for a decent price. Quality is better than anything you will find. I have three at home and two at the lake house and they are great!

enjoy your new smoker!

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

I dunno, mebbe a blue tarp, an some bungees, until ya procure better?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190723_085202.jpg Views:	0 Size:	914.0 KB ID:	1024254
      Hopefully this gives you an idea of capacity. but yes you can cook a brisket in it. In fact, more than one at a time if you want. If the whole brisket is too big to fit on one of the 13x19 racks you can separate the point from the flat and cook them with the point over top of the flat (on separate racks). Picture is mine when new.
      Last edited by SmokingSteve; April 28, 2021, 11:23 PM. Reason: added rack size

Comment

Thanks again everyone! Looking forward to some ribs and a brisket this weekend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here