Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same smoker?

Hi everyone. Just introduced myself a few minutes ago and as promised, here's my first question. I've been eyeballing the MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL but it seems to be hard to locate one. I've noticed that there's a smoker that looks exactly like the 340/G but has the model number of Masterbuilt MB20051316. It looks to have the same dimensions. Is there a difference that I'm missing? Is it still easy to maintain the temps as the 340G? Thanks in advance!

P.S. The link to the MB20051316 is: https://www.masterbuilt.com/collecti...propane-smoker
    P.S.S. For anyone wanting to get this smoker, Amazon has it listed as Masterbuilt MB20051316
    Last edited by TwoGrizzly; April 28, 2021, 07:30 PM.

Have you checked out the product reviews over on the free side? I'm sure there is something that will help.

Comment

Welcome TwoGrizzly! Let's see if Max Good can help....

Comment

Yes, it is the same. I have one. Checked the model number on the back and it is the same. Great propane smoker. Definitely use wood chunks, not chips. I bought mine July 2019. It has been great! I have done turkeys, ribs, roasts, pork butts, steaks, chicken, brisket, corn, potatoes, pineapple pig shots, and more. It blew out once in almost 2 years (and automatically shuts off the gas if it blows out). just did a tri-tip today. If you can find one, snag it!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
          Have you checked out the product reviews over on the free side? I'm sure there is something that will help.
          Thank you for the reply. Yep, the review is why I wanted to get the 340G but no way to confirm whether or not the 340G is the same as the other critter.
          Last edited by TwoGrizzly; April 26, 2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingSteve View Post
            Yes, it is the same. I have one. Checked the model number on the back and it is the same. Great propane smoker. Definitely use wood chunks, not chips. I bought mine July 2019. It has been great! I have done turkeys, ribs, roasts, pork butts, steaks, chicken, brisket, corn, potatoes, pineapple pig shots, and more. It blew out once in almost 2 years (and automatically shuts off the gas if it blows out). just did a tri-tip today. If you can find one, snag it!
            Thank you so much for checking on that for me! Next drink(s) are on me!

Comment

Thanks for the verification SmokingSteve. Calling the same model by a different name is irritating, but not that unusual. Sometimes manufacturers will make slight revisions of their offer for different retailers. For example, they may include something extra to sweeten the deal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here