Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Vault 24 First try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syhulyme
    commented on 's reply
    I have one, it gets the job done easy to use. Through learning I can produce good smoky food. If I had my knowledge and no smoker I would go with a charcoal 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 / stick burner now.
    Last edited by syhulyme; June 12, 2022, 03:07 PM.

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, no fan required. Also, im sure you saw in previous threads not to open your propane tank all the way; and the manual recommends not running without water in the pan.

I used to have one and loved it but ended up moving it on due to space needed.

• bep35
    commented on 's reply
    I think it is a gas smoker. In which case no fan would be needed.

• I_Eat_Pork_Butt
    replied
    I am looking at the fireboard 2 thermometer. Is there any reason why I would want to add the fan controller and a fan to this smoker?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Love my 24. Did some SLC's at 300+ the other night in 3 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    Ours gets all the overflow my kettles can’t hold and it makes great smoked baked beans and smoked Mac and cheese.

Leave a comment:

• theroc
    replied
    Enjoy. We've had a SV24 for a number of years and have been very happy with it. Looking forward to seeing your cooks. Camp Chef user support has been great.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Donw , bout how Lowa° can that cooker settle in, steadily? Sorry, just thinkin out loud, ponderin me some possibilities...

Additional overflow neutral-flavoured oven space can be a Blessing from Above, at times...

BTDT. Good Shite, to have as an option!

11 kids in my family; think Thanksgivin, or anytime we can all git together
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 16, 2020, 07:01 PM.

• JasonS
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely. I read over previous posts on this and made a mental not of the micro temp changes. Probably one of the best tips so far.

• Donw
    replied
    Exactly what we use our old Smoke Vault as for Thanksgiving, a second oven. It makes great pies too with a touch of wood smoke. As you have probably learned already the temperature dial is very sensitive and only requires micro adjustments otherwise you can spend all day chasing the temperature. Good choice and have fun with it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Lookin forward to yer adventures with this cooker, amigo!

Leave a comment:

• JasonS
    started a topic Camp Chef Vault 24 First try

Camp Chef Vault 24 First try

I ordered a Camp Chef Vault 24 this week and had it delivered Thursday to satisfy my need for smoked meats when I don’t have the time for a longer set up with my WSM 22. Put it together yesterday and fired it up with some pecan chunks to season it and get a feel for how it works. Got quite a bit of smoke right away. Picked up a smallish Choice rib roast from Safeway that I’m going to smoke today. I’d prefer a brisket or pork butt, but Safeway’s selection isn’t the best here.

First impression of the Vault is good. It is definitely a lighter weight build than my Weber but I expected that. I do like the easy setup and cleaning it seems like it will be easy. I’m strongly considering using it like a 2nd oven on Thanksgiving, at least as an oven overflow.

I’ll update later how the roast comes out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JasonS; October 10, 2020, 01:16 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here