Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Vault 24 Max Capacity...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Vault 24 Max Capacity...???

Curious what some have loaded one down with.

I’ve done 8 racks of SLC Ribs once in mine. They turned out great.

I’ve also done 4 - 8 to 9 lb. pork butts once. These also turned out great.

I have no information on an 8 Brisket cook. That’s probably the information you’re looking for, isn’t it Jerod.

😆

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda.....It looks like 3 might be possible horizontally, maybe more vertically.

Jerod do you have a 24” Smoke Vault and are you wondering how it cooks loaded up or are you thinking about getting one.

I can give you some measurements and pictures of specific things on the Smoke Vault if you want.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I got one in the living room. Been measuring and rebar with PBC hooks would probably be best for brisket. Will do a burn-in with chips to locate the hot spots on the wood pan so I can position chunks for optimal burnage.

I've done 6 racks of full spareribs at once. Also 4 butts at once. Neither of those were really jamming it in.
    Just eyeballing the space, 3 briskets should be possible vertically.
    However, watch out for the vertical temperature gradients. I've measured 20-30 F from bottom to top in mine.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Will do

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I did my 8 racks of ribs I ran about 25 degrees difference between top and bottom also.

I’ve done 4 pork butts and 2 STL ribs. Everything came out pretty good. 3 briskets could be done (depending on thickness) and i would rotate every couple hours.

Comment

done 3 briskets many times on mine. heat pools at the top you you have to rotate. going to add a stack to it to help solve that problem. I've had mine loaded for bear with everything you can think of from cheese, to brisket, to salmon, you name it.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here