Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Vault 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Vault 24

just got my Smoke Vault 24. Has anyone drilled holes in the side for the temp probe or just used the top vent?

When I use mine I just use the top vent.

Comment

I run mine through one of the bottom side vents.

Comment

I've got a Masterbuilt dual-fuel I use with propane. I used a step bit to put a hole in the side big enough for a cable gland and I run my probe wires through that. Less chance of getting tangled in them while I'm adding or pulling meat. It does make it more of a challenge if I want to keep a probe in the meat while it's in the faux cambro, though.

Comment

I think you'll find most people here are going to recommend you pre-order the MEATER, and if you can to try to somehow get in on the Kickstarter.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually it has flopped here.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I know just making a joke.

Top vent

Comment

Just use the top vent, drilling a hole will only be a quick start location for rust.

Comment

I added gasketaterial all the way around the door. It will seal around the probes, so i just close the door on the wires.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here