Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24"

I am considering purchasing a Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24" gas water smoker. But I want to replace the thermometer that is mounted in its door with a Tel-Tru thermometer. Does anyone know whether a Tel-Tru BBQ thermometer with a 3" dial and a 1/2" NPT that installs into a 7/8" drill hole can be used to replace the thermometer on the Smoke Vault? The customer service person at Camp Chef was unable to answer my question, and she said that none of their engineers took calls.

Thanks
    Last edited by RAmorris; June 12, 2017, 07:17 PM.

You could try contacting Tel-Tru. When I replaced the stock thermometer on the BGE, there was some compatibility info available on their site. But that was a long time ago.

Comment

I have one, but I use a Thermoworks Smoke or Chef Alarm inside the smoker. I prefer the ability to place the probe at the same level as the meat. The door thermometer is really not very accurate and is a long way from the upper levels.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        This. I would save the money on the Tel-Tru, and go with a Smoke, an iGrill, a Maverick, a Fireboard or whatever digital, thermocouple thermometer you can use to monitor air temp at meat level and meat temp. The temp at the middle of the door isn't that useful.

I have a ThermoWorks Chef Alarm. Where do you feed the probe cables out of the Smoke Vault smoker to the Chef Alarm? Through the top vent?

Comment

• choffert
        choffert commented
        Editing a comment
        They should be fine through the door (mine are) or drill a small hole in the side (which I haven't gotten around to, yet)

I have a Camp Chef 24' Smoke Vault. And I also use the SMOKE system from Thermoworks. I feed the cables through the side vent and that works very well for me. By the way, you will like the Smoke Vault. It's a really good vertical gasser!! I paid $236 on Amazon for mine. Can't beat it for the price. And it really does hold low and slow. I can dial mine down to about 180 degrees f.

Comment

• cadmentr
        cadmentr commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear that you like the Smoke Vault. I am currently using a Bradley Electric, and just purchased the Smoke Vault as my next step into the smoking world. Is it difficult to put together? Do you recommend putting some patio stones on my deck to sit this on? Regards, Cadmentr

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here