Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first dedicated Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful

Comment

Huskee thanks for the reply. I went unwrapped. Really wanted to keep things simple for my first cook on this instrument. It's also my first Pork Butt ever. I was able to learn some things and had a great meal. Looking forward to the next cook...

Comment

Good looking cook, great job.

Comment

PJBowmaster Congrats on such a fine lookin' cook!!! I kin almost taste it from here!!!

Comment

Thanks Guys!!

Comment

You sure did that spankin' new smoker proud with your PB cook, PJBowmaster . You're a quick study for sure. That meal looks so tasty. FWIW, I like taking PB all the way without wrapping too. The bark is better, and that's my family's favorite part.

What's next on the agenda to cook?

Kathryn

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                PJBowmaster commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Kathryn! My Wife is screaming for more PB. But I like to dive right into the deep end. And I LOVE Brisket.....so we'll prolly have PB. LOL

well done. I would count that a success! enjoy that new gasser

Comment

Great choice! That was my first smoker purchase as well a couple of years ago. Due to my MCS I'm selling mine now, I could have given you a deal.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5168.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	267144
                  Since it was a long cook and a nice day I brewed 5 gallons of Munich Helles Lager. It'll be ready in about 3 months....🍻

Comment

• I_Eat_Pork_Butt
                    I_Eat_Pork_Butt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Outstanding. I'm a brewer as well. That's a nice looking 5 gal system you're rockin'.

• PJBowmaster
                    PJBowmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is actually a 10 gallon system. BK and HLT are converted half barrel kegs. The Mash Tun is a 10 gallon Iglo Cooler with custom stainless steel false bottom built by Adventures in Homebrewing.

Wow, that's quite the man cave you've got there, PJBowmaster. It's so nice and clean too! Where do you park your cars?

The beer must be pretty tasty. Is it a fav or are you trying something new? Hope it complements pork butt and brisket.

Kathryn

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                    PJBowmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Car and Truck are parked in that garage. The floor is actually wet in this photo because I had just sprayed it down. It was filthy not too long prior. But I like a clean brewery! I only make Munich Helles once or twice per year. But I'm a prolific brewer. Around 200 gallons per year.....

Very nice
                  I've done a lot of research and I'm sure that's the unit I'm going with also

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                    PJBowmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm happy with the Camp Chef so far. But it has been a real challenge trying to hold a steady temp in our cold climate. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather cooks to see how that changes. This is definitely NOT a smoker to walk away from for very long.....

• JPGators17
                    JPGators17 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, still for sale.

• JPGators17
                    JPGators17 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree PJBowmaster that it is not a "set and forget" smoker. I see it labeled as such a lot, that's part of why I got it. Never been the case for me.

Not sure what is meant by MCS? Guessing More Crap Syndrome? Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a Pit Barrel Cooker to add to the stable. I don't currently own a single charcoal unit. Mostly because my Wife says she doesn't like the taste. I keep trying to tell her its lighter fluid she doesn't like, but you get the drift. Her mind is made up. So all my equipment is gas. But I'm wondering if the PBC would be better for winter cooks in my cold climate. I can sneak one into the garage, or stuff it under the deck right??? LOL

Comment

PJBowmaster IMHO the PBC gives wonderful smoke flavor coupled with the flavor of the drippings sizzling on the charcoal. I have not ever picked up on a charcoal flavor with mine just great BBQ.

Comment

Sneak it in, Boss. Neither of you will regret it.

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                        PJBowmaster commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's exactly the kind of enabling I was looking for Ed...LOL

Originally posted by PJBowmaster View Post
                      Not sure what is meant by MCS? Guessing More Crap Syndrome? LOL
                      hahahahaha More crap syndrome can be used by some. LOL!!!! But it really means More Cooker Syndrome.

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                        PJBowmaster commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL....thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here