Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault

Hello PitMasters!

I'm considering replacing my electric smoker with a Camp Chef 24" gas smoker. I'm wondering if folks have used this smoker and what they think of it? Also, will the gas smoker produce a smoke ring? From my reading on AR I think the answer is yes.

Thanks and smoke on!

I wish I could comment about this but my camp chef 24 vault is boxed up waiting for me to get home, ( 4 more weeks ). As for the smoke ring my reading says yes also.

Comment

Hi Stevo,
      I've had my SV 24 for a couple of years now and have been very happy with it. I've smoked all variety of things on it, from quick fish and sausage
      smokes to 16 hour brisket cooks. It does indeed produce some very nice smoke rings. It has plenty of room so you can load it up. As a gasser it is very easy to use. I like the convenience of being able to be up and smoking within a few minutes of turning it on. It is pretty stingy on the gas use, as well.

Among the few negative things I can say are that it isn't insulated, so temperature control will depend a lot on your environment. Also, I don't find the vents very helpful for fine temperature control. You just need to finesse the flame control on the unit. Once you get it where you want it, though, the temperature holds pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          You're very welcome. I should have also added that thermometer that comes with the SV isn't very helpful. The one
          on my unit reads between 35 and 50 deg low compared to a Maverick ET-732. But that shouldn't be a surprise.

Many gas smokers have limited temperature range and can't get down and hold low and slow temps of 225⁰. We reviewed this big beauty that can go down to 160⁰ and crank up to 400⁰! AND it converts to natural gas so you don't have to worry about you LP tank running out. We tested this model and gave it our AmazingRibs.com Platinum Medal.

Comment

• Stevo
          Stevo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks... yea I read this and it sounds like a pretty good machine.

Here are some results with my Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24" that I traded a new electric Masterbuilt back for.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Last edited by Tomcat; May 21, 2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Broken link, Boss!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here