Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Smoker

After reading your reviews on propane smokers, I am very interested in the Camp Chef 24 inch Smoke Vault. However, before I buy one, I would actually like to see one "in person". I have been online several times, but do not see any actual retail stores where I could look at one first hand. Does anyone know of any retail stores that carry these smokers IN THE STORE. Several places have them available to order online but I sure would like to see one. Any suggestions appreciated.

Their website has a dealer locator, perhaps you could find one nearby you. http://www.campchef.com/dealer-locator.html

From what I've seen and Max's good review the 24s are really nice units.

Comment

Yes I saw that. The only ones nearby (Atlanta GA area) are Dicks Sporting Goods and Bass Pro Shops. Neither of their websites show that particular model. Dick's does show the 18 inch available, but don't know if it is in the store. There is one close by that I may check out. I assume the 18 and 24 are about the same as far as features go. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I believe Gander Mountain carries them. I bought my CampChef PG24 pellet grill from them.

Comment

Did you see my Virtual Showroom Video for the Camp Chef 24"?

Comment

I have the 18 inch one. What do you want to know? I bought mine pretty much exclusively based on the review on this site. Pretty much everything in the review was spot on. Holds temp very well but the flame controller is more sensitive than....well, come up with your own analogy. That said, the difference between 225 and 275 could be the wind blows on it. But once it's set, its set. Expect to use double the wood chunks you normally would. I recommend chunks and not chips because maneuvering a hot steel tray is best left limited. Although I have the smaller one I'd recommend the 24 inch. In mine, I could do 4 roasters or two turkeys, but baby back have to go in crooked so that pretty much means 2 racks unless you cut them.

Comment

Sportsman's Warehouse has the 24" for $249...I had already ordered mine from Amazon.com. For a little bit more money, I think it's built much better than the Masterbuilts,,et al. Thought I might have issues holding temperature in the rainy NW, but minimal tweaking required. I'm going to add a welding blanket to see if I can get it bit more stable. So far, so good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here