Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about this SS Weber for a project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this SS Weber for a project?

This looks interesting for $20. No idea of the model, anyone know if parts are still available? It says it ignites, but won't get a large flame. I'm thinking dirty or worn out burners or a spider web in an orifice.

Looked around for others like it, can't find one. Is this even a Weber? What's that thing that looks like a hole to the right of the far right burner knob?

Last edited by Usernamevalid; July 11, 2015, 08:03 AM.

Never saw a Weber that looked like that. If the owner claims it's a Weber, makes you wonder. Find out the name of the manufacturer then determine how much work is needed and what the parts will cost. $20 plus $X = final price. Not to mention your labor.

Comment

It is a Thermos, Model 461246804, some parts are now available from Charbroil. I've had one since 2004 and brought another from the scrap yard in 2010 for $20. I refurbished one and just kept the parts from the other. It works very well with Grill Grates. The part on the far right is/was a smoker tray to add wood.

Comment

Thanks guys.

No Weber, no deal. I had my doubts. At any rate he hasn't responded so it's likely gone.

Comment

Ok, then this one. I think this one 'might just' be a Weber.

"3 burner weber gas grill rebuilt with stainless steel burners, bars, & grates"
          For $45, sounds like a nice setup for a project.

Comment

Well, I am now the proud, but somewhat trepid owner of the Weber pictured above. I believe it to be a genesis 1000. I wanted a project, and I got one. The grates are SS and in good shape, the burners are SS and in ok shape, the bars are suspect. The biggest problem is a piece of the frame that's rusted out, so I'll need a piece of square tubing and a little welding. I may contact Weber and see if that piece is still in production. He also converted the hose to quick connect for some odd reason, maybe he was swapping tanks back and forth. I'll need to change the hose.

There is a lot of disassemble/clean/paint, although there are definitely some repairs. Besides that piece of frame nothing else is rusted. The bottom pan is in good shape, of course it had no chance to rust with 20 years of grease on it. All of the printing on the control panel is 100%. The tank scale still works. Knobs are all there and original.

I can't believe how cruddy this thing is. There is so much grease built up on the back of the grill chassis that the top makes patterns in it when you open and close it. The first thing I did was scrape out the crud, which filled a 2 gallon bucket halfway. I'll post up some pics later.

The good news is that he had a brand-new in the box OEM Igniter, and a 20lb propane tank. Those two items alone would be about $40-$45. Since I gave him $45 for the grill, I don't feel like I got hurt.

Should be a fun project. I think I can get it looking pretty new for about $100-125 more. Not too bad.

Comment

I don't know why you think that one is a Weber

Comment

Weber keeps a lot of parts in stock, even for older models. And there customer support is excellent. Definitely use them as a resource for your project.

Comment

Yeah, I used them when I rebuilt my 29 year old kettle. The guy stayed on the phone with me for 1/2 hour to make sure he had the right parts. Top notch engineering, product, and CS. What's not to like?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here