Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying a used Weber Genesis 2 - advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of buying a used Weber Genesis 2 - advice?

Found a used Weber Genesis II SE for sale. Seller says it's a "few years old" and is asking to make him an offer. Weber Genesis owners or really anyone who has owned a gas grill, any tips or things that I should look for when inspecting? Question I should ask? This would be my first gas grill and looking for something to round out my outdoor cooking options. Thanks!

I have an OLDER weber gas grill (10-12 years old) This year I broke down and rebuilt it. It cost me about $74.00 at Ace Hardware. I bought new flavor bars, new burner assembly, new igniter and new main grate. It runs and cooks like new ( all major parts are). Prices were a lot cheaper than from Weber itself.

Comment

Hey Omigs, I have a 9 year old Genesis S-330 and still going strong. As coustyj pointed out, the internals can mostly be replaced if needed. Main things to look out for are that the cookbox and lid are without structural damage (no cracks, not twisted and opens/closes properly), no further damage to the housing. Most other items like burner tubes, bars and grates can all be replaced. If the price is right, you should get many years of grilling pleasure. Happy grilling.

Comment

• Omigs
        Omigs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, that's the advice I was looking for. The way I see it I can either get a great used grill or a good brand new grill for the same price.

They are great grills. Like mentioned above, it’s easy to replace parts. I got a Genesis from my neighbor, rebuilt it and it works great. It replaced my Weber Silver A, that still runs great.

Comment

I've got a 3 YRO. No issues. Look at the burners and for any rust. Was it covered? Have it fired up. No issues with ignition. Is it still under warranty? Weber is 10 year on most everything. Can it be transferred to another owner? Good luck.
        PS: if you get it, first-time add on Grill Grates.

Comment

• Omigs
          Omigs commented
          Editing a comment
          Warranty question is a good one. I have found with my kettle that weber has great warranty and customer service. I think with the kettle I didn't even register until years after I purchased and they still honored the warranty.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here