Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q100 or Go-Anywhere???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q100 or Go-Anywhere???

Hey all, we're looking to get a small portable gas grill for trips to the beach, picnics, etc. Going to do pretty basic stuff on it (hot dogs, brats, etc.), nothing crazy. Anyone have any strong opinions or experience with the Weber Go-Anywhere or Q1000? I like the upgrades of the Q1000 (namely the disposable drip pan and real grates), but am wondering if the cheaper Go-Anywhere will get the job done just as easily??

I have a Go-Anywhere and a Q2200. My main complaint about the Q is the single burner which is the same as the Go-Anywhere. The Q is definitely better.

Comment

Just a thought, but a small Weber Smokey joe could do the trick...

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        He wants gas.

• Grillin Dad
        Grillin Dad commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I agree, and I love charcoal (I use a Weber kettle as my main grill/smoker). But for a portable, I really want the convenience of gas ... I’ve got 4 little kids to chase around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2532C61B-8475-4F52-A04F-8D2F16CEB0D3.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	912016 I have a Charbroil Grill2Go. Reviewed on the free side with a platinum medal. I got on sale it for $95 at Menards. I love it.

Comment

q's are high quality, but there is no cool area flr reverse sear or two zone grilling

Comment

I’ve had a Q2000 for the past 12 years and it is an excellent single-zone grill. Highly recommended!

Comment

I have an older Go Anywhere but don't use it. It wasn't called a "Go Anywhere" back then, simply a "Portable Gas Grill". Being an older unit, they might have made improvements since I bought mine. It isn't as portable as I thought it would be and the way the legs folded underneath it never sat as stable as I would have liked. There is no drip pan on it so whatever drips into the bottom sits there until you take it apart and wipe the grease out. If you're going to haul it around in a car trunk it can be a mess. If the Q had been available back when I got the Go I would definitely have gone for the Q.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here