Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grab a hot flavorizer bar??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grab a hot flavorizer bar??

Assembled a Genesis II today.

Tested the burners real quick.

Needed to remove the flavorizer bars and the first one I grabbed was cool. Didn't exactly realize that bar was NOT over a burner, but ahhhh the next one was. Still got bagged ice on the hand 5 hours later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200627_185023.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	870873Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200627_185007.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	870874

Holy Carp, Brother!!!

So sorry, man; ain't too many things in this life, much worse than a bad burn, ime...

Git well soon...

Aloe Vera gel is very helpful with healin/soothin burns, btw...

Comment

Ouch! May you have a speedy recovery...hope its your non dominant hand additionally.

Comment

Sorry, Jerrod. I did something similar welding a couple of weeks ago. Ouch!

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
          that hurts!

Comment

Long, long time ago, when I rode motorcycles. This was on my BSA 650. I was sitting on the bike, and I leaned over to inspect something... the Zenier diode, maybe? And I lost my balance a little bit, and I grabbed the exhaust pipe... while the engine was running, right where it came out of the cylinder head. GRABBED It. Hard.

Ran inside, there was a pitcher of fresh made iced tea. Jammed my hand in there. Left it for about an hour. Got a blister the size of my palm, but it should have been a third degree burn. I was lucky.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man!!!!!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel that from here.

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Left a palm print in the bluing, I had to rub it out using compound.

I've never done that before. On a side note, I don't think I have fingerprints anymore. I was always told that grilling was a contact sport. Now I understand what that means.

Comment

So , how about that flavor?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Just ate Popeye's chicken w/ cajun rice and coleslaw. Flavor Gooooood! Just ate with one hand.

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you sniff your fingers to see how the flavorizer bars worked?

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Love that chicken from Popeye's! 🎶

Tripped once and steadied myself by putting my hand on a screaming hit sear plate...ouch. good luck buddy. Hope you mend up quick.

Comment

Well, that got our attention, though I'm sure not as much as it got yours! Hope the healing is quick and relatively painless.

Comment

Ouch!!

Comment

And we even have pics to prove it happened! Feel better soon!

Comment

That sucks!! Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Don't know how well you handled it but wish you a speedy recovery.
                        Working with a flattop 4 or 5 hours everyday I find myself with similar self inflicted incidences.

Comment

Ouch! Yikes! ....etc...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here