Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know?....

An original Weber Q will run for at least 24 hours on an almost full LP tank! Ask me how I know. 🙄

Sadly, I think I know exactly how you know.....

Comment

You didn't mention anything about your house burning down, so there's that.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        lol!

I did that with my NatGas and it never ran out. Thank God the wife didn't find out. PS I've done it with the simmer burner on my house stove as well. Senility..

Comment

Honestly, this could easily happen to me and I wouldn't even know until my wife started yelling at me. I am a 100% charcoal griller, but my FIL gave us his 5 burner Ducane gasser when they downsized a couple of years ago. When I'm used to just closing the lid down on a Weber kettle, it's an adjustment to turning off the burners AND the gas tank.

Comment

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          I mostly cook on the kettle, I simply cooked some Romain for lunch and was distracted by a conference call.

You got a full 24 hours. That's impressive. Mine didn't last nearly as long as I had it turned to WARP 10 so as to "burn-off" the residue of the grates.

Comment

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          This is where I get into trouble. Usually I just cut the gas and turn off the tank as I am pulling the food. But sometimes I want to do a little cleaning and I turn it up hot. Usually I forget about it for a while. Never overnight (yet).

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          Believe it or not it was on high. Those things are efficient.

I think anyone who owns a gasser has probably done that at one time or another. Few things make one feel so stupid. Been there.

Kathryn

Comment

Did you know.......CVS propane exchange is open 24/7?

don’t ask me how I know......

Comment

Razor, are you sure? I mean 24 hours? Maybe a little more. It would be nice to know the exact outcome of affairs. 🕶

Comment

• Razor
              Razor commented
              Editing a comment
              There was a ring of ice around it. 😆

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here