Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"essential"-lockdown-purchase-new-spirit-ii-e310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Essential" lockdown purchase: new Spirit II E310

I’m normally a charcoal guy (Weber kettle with SNS), but with my Florida county on COVID lockdown we’ve been grilling outdoors a lot. I decided to upgrade my ratty Charbroil gasser (background of the photo, mostly there for hurricane prep). I’ve had my eye on Weber gas grills for a while, so I finally bought one. Home Depot delivery was fast and convenient. The grill assembled well, with only minor cursing required to line up the fire box threads with the bolt holes in the sheet metal stand.

Burgers and dogs tonight to inaugurate the grill! And, just possibly, a cocktail or three.

Stay safe & healthy, everyone!
    Attached Files

Nice acquisition! Enjoy. I laughed at "The grill assembled well, with only minor cursing required.."

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, so sorry to here that yer truck needed stitches. How many & where.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Tim Allen had a really good routine involving assembling a gas grill. I remember my first. Menard's wanted $25 to do it. Highway robbery! I say. 3 hours later I'm singing another tune. It was, by the way, a Charbroil.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, the inevitable Fast Onset Tourette’s. LOL

As for the hard plastic packages... I think package designers should should get their paychecks out of whatever design they’re working on. That might change their designs a bit. ;-)

In times like these it is essential. Enjoy.

Comment

Great choice.

Comment

Enjoy the quarantini's!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Them are widely reputed to be really good cookers, loved by many!
            Wishin ya nuthin but happiness, enjoyment, an many many years of great cooks, on her!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 4, 2020, 05:18 PM. Reason: Ficksed my tipoes lol :-)

Comment

Congrats, confident you will NOT be disappointed.

Comment

Enjoy!! With only "minor cursing" it was obviously a chip shot!😃

Have a ball. I always liked my Weber gassers.

Comment

Update: first cook went great! Just hamburgers and hot dogs, but the difference in using the good cast-iron grates on the Weber and even heat from the burners was a VERY noticeable improvement from my prior el-cheapo gasser.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to hear it, Brother!!!
                    Were I to git a gas grill (might, someday) these are high on my list, based upon th experiences, testimonials, an opinions of many folks I love an trust, right here in Th Pit!

Ahem, any pics of first cook? Huh?

Comment

• JCGrill
                    JCGrill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think it happened.

• Anton32828
                    Anton32828 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I was too busy eating. I can send you a picture of the hamburger grease in the handy pull-out grease tray if you want "proof of cook."

That grease management feature is pretty impressive.

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK, grease’ll do since it’s the first grease.

I got the Genesis a year ago. Absolutely love it. Starts on first click every time, never fails. Before I got my smoker, I did some smoking on it with a smoke tube. Worked pretty good. Keep an eye on the temp if you do. You got a really good piece!!

Comment

• Anton32828
                    Anton32828 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought about getting a Genesis instead of a Spirit, but went with the lower-priced Spirit. Baby steps! I should add that, like so many of us, I go through serious "more cooker syndrome" at least twice a year!

Hey, Great Choice! I got one a couple of years ago in the Sapphire Blue. I ended up replacing the stock grates with Grill Grates. You are going to love using that grill.

Comment

• Anton32828
                    Anton32828 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've bought just about every kettle gadget out there (SNS, hovergrill, etc), so I'm sure I'll get around to Grill Grates for my new gasser pretty soon.

• Blues1
                    Blues1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    #1 on Grill Grates. Got them when I got my smoker a few months back. Used them for the first time on the gasser (size was close enough) and really like them. A great addition

My first "good" gasser was a 6-burner Weber Summit that I purchased way back in 2005. It’s still going strong.

LONG before I caught the MCS bug, and learned the ins & outs of various cookers, I did EVERYTHING on that. I was successful enough that I was able to justify acquiring other cookers. Had they not worked I probably would have simply given up the idea.

Enjoy! They’re great for midweek cooks...or anything that doesn’t benefit from tonnes of smoke.

Comment

Enjoy your new cooker(and stay safe/healthy)!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here