Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customizing my Weber S470 for Snmoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Hey is that my red Maverick?

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hats off to you sir. WTG

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I will ride it out. I check the water pan and refill every 2 hrs so in 30 min I will do that. I haven't crutch any yet in the three that I have done prior to these two. These two are monsters compared to the 5 lb'ers I have done before.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    You going to ride it out? Crutch it? Or head for the oven?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    The rain has returned and the temps are 130*F box temp and 172*F meat internal temp at 8:40. Internal temp hung at 169*F for only 1 hour and is trying to move but has been at 172 for about 30 min.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Nice looking good

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I had hickory smoke the first hour and then I had to many other things going like the rains came. So i wished i had smoked them for at least another hour but I think they will be fine. I am just hitting 170*F and 7.5 hrs into the cooking. I wonder if the stall will be there. I have kept the temp mostly at 225 but one time when I was away from the smoker for a while it got up to 240*F.

This is what they looked like at 6:30 and 162*F internal temp when I had to add water.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    All right already with the tin mans cover. What's going on with the smoke?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    That's cool, I like gizmos also. I also subscribe the the premise that "He who dies with the most toys wins". My DW doesn't always see it that way but she really supports me most of the time.
    Same here - my lovely wife really does enable my disease.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    That's cool, I like gizmos also. I also subscribe the the premise that "He who dies with the most toys wins". My DW doesn't always see it that way but she really supports me most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    Oh but it would look grand and could even be a conversation piece. I guess you're not into gizmo's. 38$ will buy a bunch of foil.;-D

Oh... yeah, I'm so into gizmos it's ridiculous. If it has Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I need to have it. It's a sickness. When we bought our hot tub, the sales guy showed us one with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and my wife just rolled her eyes and said "well, you might as well just write it up".

I've pretty much got myself talked into getting one of those caps just in the time since I posted this 20 minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I ordered some special foil lined synthetic rubber that is suppose to be good to 1300*F to cover the top of the grill with the exception of the vent I leave open. That should be interesting. Maybe have a report in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I had a Kumado pot a way long time ago when I lived in Hawaii. This was back in the 70's. It was a great unit but I knew nothing of smoking back then and the quality bthen wasn't so good. A hundred miles of cracks in it and you didn't dare move it and when we had to move it just crumbled. The new ones really look neat and should perform well.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Oh but it would look grand and could even be a conversation piece. I guess you're not into gizmo's. 38$ will buy a bunch of foil.;-D

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    I could get one of these - but $38 seems a bit much considering how often I've needed it (never yet).

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here