Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit S-670 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit S-670 Problem

Hi

The cookbox on my Summit has buckled out at the front. Grates now don't fit properly and I can't remove the control panel.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hard to see it. Are you trying to change burner tube? Thats a guess based on the angle they are at n the photo.

To get the control panel off you need to take off the doors. There a couple of screws under there that hold the control panel on.

Then a couple of bolts to get the gas manifold off. I've not done this on a 670 but I think most Summits are pretty similar.

What am I missing HB?
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; March 30, 2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Jon

The lip of the cookbox has bowed out over the top of the front panel. Look at the space between the panel vent and the black lip and compare the side to the middle.

Once screws are off I can not lift the front panel up because it is now pinned down by the cookbox. So access to dismantle everything else is blocked.

I called Weber and they appear to be sending me a new cookbox but I guess I'm going to have to use some brute force and straighten the old one out so I can extract it.

Comment

How long have you had your Summit S-670 and how often do you use it?

I have one as well, so I'm curious.

Kathryn

Comment

• happybloke
          happybloke commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had it since 2010 Kathryn and I use it at least once a week even in winter (I'm in California). I have been very happy with it. Love the size and how well it holds an even temperature. Recently bought a Weber smoker but still use the Summit all the time.

Weber were very helpful and sent me out a replacement cook box with no fuss at all. List price for that part is over $300.

Yes I would like to know what Kathryn said myself just to see how Weber responds. Did you tell them you could not get it apart. What do you think caused it?

Comment

• happybloke
          happybloke commented
          Editing a comment
          I was able to remove the control panel with a little prying so I am now back up and running with the new cook box in. It was open heart surgery though. EVERYTHING had to come off to install the new box.

Very pleased with Webers response. Did not have to pay a dime.

I often turn on all the burners on high to clean the plates or to sear steaks. My guess is that 5 years of doing that contributed to the buckling. Also I have been guilty of neglecting to cover it for long periods of time. I find the cover a pain to get on and off and since I use it so often ...

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here