Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weber Genesis or Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weber Genesis or Summit

I am getting to buy a new grill and I am having a heck of a time choosing between the Genesis II 430 and the Summit S-470. Anybody have advise?

If the budget allows just get the summit. Why not. You only live once.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Concur, see my post below.

It is really going to depend on how much you need to grill and how fast. The Genesis has been upgraded from the 430 to the 435 on there web site. The Summit is larger and has 48,000 BTU burners. I had a Genesis at one time and it did a great job at grilling. If you are thinking of using it for smoking forget a gas grill. Get there new Summit Charcoal Grilling System, or a Big Green Egg.

Comment

I decided on the Summit S-470 and it works perfectly for my needs.

Comment

Get the best you can afford. If you want to save money and not buy a new one watch Craigslist for a good deal.

Comment

Back in 2005 I decided that I needed a new gasser...
          After much humming & hawing I picked up a Summit Platinum D6. That would be the six burner model with all the bells & whistles.
          Best. Decision. Ever.

It's still going strong, still looks great, and it's the best gasser I've used. Period.

That said, I've not played with one of the newer versions...but it's at the top of their food chain. So I'm confident it's still a solid unit.

Comment

Unless I am missing something in the specs, doesn't the Genesis II actually have a larger main cooking surface than the Summit?

Comment

My Nephew just got the Summit, his has a box for wood chips built in on the right side of the cook surface, an option the Genesis does not have to my knowledge.
              Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Get the Summit .... so much more bang for the buck. I love mine.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	chick 03.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	705803

Comment

Have to scrap our 2002 six burner Summit as two of the six valves in the valve manifold have "frozen" and there is not a replacement manifold to be found on the planet. Weber's suggestion was to spend another $4,500 on the replacement model now made in China....

Also have a medium size BGE.

Looking at a Primo Oval G 420 to replace both of the existing grills. Any real world feeb cack on this model Primo?

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here is a great resource for you. It has all the Primo topics in one spot. As an avid Kamado cooker, I love Primos and I am looking at adding one to my patio soon.( I currently run Big Green Eggs and Kamado Joes.)

Good to hear from you. Thank you for your years of support! We really appreciate it!

Attjack will also be able to provide some insight. He has done some awesome stuff on his Primo.

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do like my Primo but I don't know much of anything about the G 420. switz do you have room for 2 cookers? In my experience I might opt for a 2 cooker solution. When you're grilling all the heat retention and weight you get with a Primo is not necessarily what you need. But a kamado is almost unrivaled when it comes to a fuel efficiently, its internal environment, and ease of maintenance (like ash removal etc). If you have room consider 2 cookers.

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're coming from a massive 6 burner gas grill. My Primo XL is not really that big compared to my larger Blaze 4 burner. So you're going to give up a lot of real estate.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here