Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Spirit II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Spirit II

Just moved out of state and my old grill was rusted through (semi-cheapo that lasted me almost 3 years) so I tossed it before we moved with the goal of buying a new one once we got here.

I was excited to see that the Weber Spirit II grills were on sale at Lowe's for $449. Combined it with a 10% off coupon, discounted gift card and cash back through a portal and ended up with it delivered (free delivery) for a total of $397.63 including tax

Got it delivered yesterday, assembled, and she's looking good on the deck. I did the bread test to check for hot spots (I don't think it had pre-heated enough so results are a little skewed) and it's about as expected.

I also seared a sous vide steak last night and I was pretty happy with the results (and so hungry that I didn't catch a pic of the steak -- sorry!)

Looking forward to many more sessions with this one!
    Attached Files

Great choice. Does a great job without blowing the bank, and you got a good deal. Enjoy.

Comment

I also have this grill (in blue). The back third of the grates seem to burn WAY hotter than the front. I need to do the bread test to see. How long did you leave the bread on for the test?

Comment

• USFBullsFan2819
        USFBullsFan2819 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a couple minutes each side to see how it did. Didn't want to end up with char. Had the lid closed

Beautiful. IMHO, Weber makes the best gas grills. Good construction, dependable and easy to replace parts.

enjoy!

Comment

• USFBullsFan2819
        USFBullsFan2819 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm now a 3 Weber grill man - Gas, Charcoal and a WSM! Wife told me this time to buy a grill that will last a while instead of the old cheapos we used to get, I was happy to oblige!

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I did when I first got married. Bought a cheap ($99) Charbroil. Rebuilt it 3 times. Finally bought a Weber Silver A (the cheapest gas grill Weber offered). Had that for over 10 years. Neighbor was replacing his Genesis with a new grill and he gave it to me. Rebuilt the Genesis and gave the Silver A to my son. Great grills.

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here