Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new gas grill

Have been using a Weber Spirit E310 for the last several years. A few months ago I bought some 3rd party "stainless steel" flavorizer bars. Washed them, put them on the grill, everything I tried to cook took on a black/gray ashy tinge. No one wanted to eat anything like that.

Put on some GrillGrates, apparently that blocked the soot. Cleaned the grates and the cook box today, put on some corn and steak - same gray sooty look.

Bad news, my wife won't let me grill anything until I get a new grill. I know, right...? I'm thinking something along the lines of a Weber 3 burner, because I'm Weber biased. I'm open to any suggestions in the same price range, doesn't have to be Weber.

Should have mentioned I use propane.
    Last edited by btuckertx; July 4, 2022, 06:02 PM.

Wow, that sounds strange. Have you considered buying different flavorizer bars? Did you change propane tanks? REALLY change them, like filled from another distributor, or tried the 'Rhino' tank exchange system?
    These are cheap experiments/solutions compared to a new grill.

Comment

Nope, been using the same propane out of a large OKC distributor for years. And yes, I threw the offending bars out, and bought new Weber porcelain bars. Wheeled the grill ought to the lawn, used Weber grill cleaner and scrubbed and cleaned the whole thing. Still no good... but not like I need an excuse to try a new grill.

We have Rhino out here, and I've used them with good results. Guess I could try an exchange with my empty tank. Will let you know how that turns out.
      Last edited by btuckertx; July 4, 2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Your wife WANTS you to buy a new grill? Is there a downside to that scenario? đŸ¤”

I get my tanks and propane fills at Costco, exclusively.

Comment

For gas, generally I say pick the Weber at your desired price point.

Comment

Put another way, what is the upside of moving to a Genesis vs. a Spirit?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here