Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Knobs - Something other than stock? Genesis -E-330?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Knobs - Something other than stock? Genesis -E-330?

The knobs on my grill have lost pretty much all their marking, and I could use some new knobs. I went looking, and I can find the replacement set, stock knobs, no problem. But I was wondering if there's any way to buy something a little more interesting...

anyone?

I’ve always wanted to make some type of handles for the cabinets for my workshop area in the garage. How crafty/handy are you that could you take the knobs apart and make something to fit your cooking area?

At one point, I was going to make handles with bottle caps, then started thinking about bike chains/components some how, then guitar parts……and I heaven’s done anything yet

but, will be interested in seeing what The Pit comes up with on this!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      If I had more hands, I might actually describe myself as handy. For now, clever, maybe, handy, barely.

I know the Weber Kettle Club has links to wood handles, but I've not seen anything on knobs.

Comment

I spent the better part of a day once turning a new set of knobs for the big flat top at the local Elks lodge. They were beautiful solid aluminum and shined like a mirror. I installed them then turned all of the burners on. After we had cooked burgers for everyone I grabbed one to turn it off. They were nearly as hot as the top of the thing. I took them off and ordered new ones from the manufacturer. At least in this event OEM was the way to go.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the pro-tip. I will be ordering the stock ones...

• Jessterr
        Jessterr commented
        Editing a comment
        I put some new OEM knobs on mine last year, made it look like a new grill! It can make a surprising difference, think you’ll like it.

Paint them black if they’re not cracked.
      Perhaps a fine brush and some fluorescent orange paint to mark the settings.
      Make Bob Ross proud!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here