Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle top for a Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased a Yoder Smokers Griddle for my Yoder when I bought it. I don’t know the dimensions your looking at needing, however, the Yoder griddle measures 19.5 x 12.5. Its heavy duty. Has one side smooth and the other with "grate" marks. Heard well. That said, I purchased a Blackstone a couple of years ago and love that rig. I’ve used the Yoder griddle on my gas grill and my gas cooktop. At end of the day while the Yoder griddle is big, the Blackstone or dedicated flat top is bigger and for me cooking often only for 2 still more convenient. Good luck.

Comment

That’s interesting. They must’ve changed their statement to be more risk averse.
      When I bought my GrillGrate six years ago, their recommendation was to not put cast-iron etc. skillets on them with more than medium heat. I clarified this with them at the time by email when I got it a salt block for a gift. Their answer was the same – just watch your heat. I’ve used my pizza stone on my grill grates every Saturday night for years. I’ve been doing that for six years without a problem.

Comment

• PNWsmoke
        PNWsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Hows the pizza?
        Would like to get Ooni but cant justify another cooking device

• DrJimmy2112
        DrJimmy2112 commented
        Editing a comment
        PNWsmoke I use a ceramic stone and the Weber with grill grate and I also have a propane portable pizza oven that I run simultaneously. This allows me to crank out 4 to 6 pizzas in a short amount of time. We use pizza dough from a local bakery usually, sometimes made from scratch. It is consistently quite good.

Thanks everyone for weighing in. After looking at the prices to just buy GrillGrates or a custom made griddle top to put on top of my Genesis, I saw that I could spend about $100 more and get a 36-inch 4 burner Char-Griller Flat Iron from Menards. Having the separate rig will allow for easier transport as well since I'll be using it at times to do pancake breakfasts at church and whatnot.

Comment

Side note: I had a Blackstone about 10 years ago and hated how the grease drained. Such a mess every time I used it.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, that’s a big part of why I only had a Blackstone a short while. I got mine right before they redesigned the grease handling.

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          TheAmazingJohnJ commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy The one I had had the grease cup hang off the right edge of the griddle top, right near the front. The top had a little channel in it with a 1cm hole at the end, so you had to pull the grease toward you and then guide it toward the tiny hole. And if you bumped the grill at all, the cup would fall off. If the grill wasn't completely level, the grease would splash over the channel. Absolutely horrible design. Honestly, I don't think the back drain is any better.

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          TheAmazingJohnJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I worked in restaurants for years and all the commercial griddles just have a drain hole about the size of a business card in the corner of the griddle top, with a drawer underneath. I'm glad to see the home units adopting that design.
          Last edited by TheAmazingJohnJ; April 23, 2022, 02:31 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here