Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TLC on an Old Weber Silver A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLC on an Old Weber Silver A

I've had this Weber Genesis Silver A since 2001. I've also had a larger gasser so this Silver A has sat idle at times. I've lent it out at times to friends for extended periods and let my son use it for the last 2 years. Got it back last year, but unfortunately the side table tray got whisked off from the back of my son's truck during transport. Neighbor next door was changing out their kitchen table tops and I got gifted some kitchen table 'cutting board' tops. I had one board cut down to replace the Weber side table. Cleaned up the old gasser and stained/polyurethane'd the maple side board.

I always dig checking out posts on BBQ equipment replacements, enhancements, re-tooling, additions, reviews, etc. This is just a thread on some old equipment driving on!!
    Attached Files

Nice work. I'm a fan of making stuff last with a little maintenance.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

My old 1996 Genesis is trucking right along and I use it often. I occasionally think about upgrading, but slapped a set of GrillGrates on it and it does everything I ask of it. I think I got my money's worth.

Comment

Excellent! My dad has done the same to his red Weber grill that is probably late 80s early 90s. It’s the only grill I remember growing up with, so may even be older than that.

but he’s replaced all the guts, and used Trex as his table top. These things are built to last with a little up keep!

Comment

My Silver A is off on loan to my daughter and her husband since they got married in May 2020. And I think they have used it no more than 2-3 times. I'm tempted to repossess it every time I am over there, and see it sitting neglected getting dirtier and covered with dog hair and grass clippings even under the brand new cover I put on it when I gave it to them... but its not like I need it - but it did great for me from 2002 to 2019.

Thankfully I thought to remove the side table when I carried it over there in the back of the truck in 2020. Otherwise it would have been lost along the way as well, since the thermoset top just sits on the frame.
              Last edited by jfmorris; April 12, 2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I forgot to mention to my son about the side table when he brought the Weber home. I'm in the same boat regarding lending it back out to him. He has mentioned that the gasser that is at the apartment he is now at is not that good. We get attached to our grills.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here