Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonus use of the Sear Station burner ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    replied
    For YEARS..I smoked EVERYTHING on my Summit gasser. Purchased it in 2005 and it’s still going strong.
    (Will need to look long & hard if I decide to replace it.)

It has a dedicated smoke burner...and ,sure, it requires CONSTANT babysitting (too small)...but nobody EVER has complained about the food that came off of that thing.

I’d probably still use it for that if I didn’t want a dedicated smoker. (Had a WSM, but gave it away when I got my WSCG.)

Being able to adapt shows a distinct understanding of how all of this cooking stuff works.
    Last edited by surfdog; May 31, 2021, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    Good job figuring out a workaround to your lack of charcoal issue. Always good to have options as anyone on AR will attest to.

Leave a comment:

• Dalmore
    started a topic Bonus use of the Sear Station burner ...

Bonus use of the Sear Station burner ...

Part of the reason I went for the Spirit 330 was the additional sear station burner. Not so much for the sear - GillGrates.com solved that for me. But I was thinking the smaller burner - 9,000 btu vs roughly 10,500 btu for the main burners - would be helpful on low and slow cooks.

Well today, I burned out the charcoal in my OK Joe Bronco smoker and finished the cook on my Weber Spirit using the smaller sear burner. I was able to hold 250 F with minor tweaking every 15-20 minutes or so. I think that's impressive as hell from a gasser.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here