Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my big-boy grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my big-boy grill

Never had the money before to buy a Genesis grill, but I finally got my Genesis II delivered today. I can't wait to fire her up tomorrow - didn't get a chance today on the account of weather. I got a Genesis II SE-335 and, man, is she a beaut. The manager from Ace delivered my grill and left the receipt on my kitchen table, right where the wife who, used to me buying $300 grills, but foolishly told me to "buy whatever will make your heart happy" would find it. So, apparently, we're going shopping for a new patio dining set tomorrow.

Quid pro quo at it's finest.

Comment

That sounds awesome!

What are you gonna cook first? Steaks?

We will need pics.

Comment

Congrats on that!

Comment

Congrats on your new cooker and congrats to your wife on the new patio dining set.

Comment

Congrats! Can’t wait to see what the cooks coming off of it

Comment

Sorry. The rule is, no pics, it never happened. Congratulations on your new grill, if in fact it actually exists.

Comment

Weber’s Genesis line is a good one for sure … congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! You will get alot of enjoyment from that new cooker.

Comment

Congratulations! You will enjoy it! And so glad to hear you were able to support your local Ace Hardware in the purchase as well. My local Ace was forced out of business 10-15 years ago by the construction of a Lowe's and Home Depot (side by side) about 1/4 mile down the road from the Ace. I miss that store.

If your wife gets upset at the price tag, just assure you that the "outdoor kitchen" will be used to keep all the heat out of the kitchen during the hot summer months, and get busy preparing delicious meals for her on it.

Comment

Enjoy your New Weber! Congrats.

Comment

Always nice to get a new toy, enjoy the heck out of it.

My bride has a horsey (little girls never outgrow them), so if we played the trade off game I could pretty much be on a shopping spree everyday!

Comment

• fzxdoc
                          fzxdoc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Same thing with our golf membership-- and I don't golf.

Congrats! New grills are always fun. But the one you have wanted is extra special!

Comment

Results of first cook - Sweet Tea Chicken Thighs and Meat Church Honey Hog rub. Man, did it cook good - definitely better than any other grill I've ever owned.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• willxfmr
                            willxfmr commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you wanted to send a few of those thighs my way, I wouldn't say no.

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Glad to see it came out so well fer ya, Congrats!!!

• DrJimmy2112
                            DrJimmy2112 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice!

Well that escalated quickly. LOL
                          Enjoy your new grill...& furniture.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here