Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Silver A Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Silver A Modification

About a year ago I loaned my old Weber Silver A to my son who was doing a cook out. After loading the Silver A back onto his truck for the return trip, he forgot to take off the side board and it went airborne on the freeway on the way home. Fast forward to today and he is now moving out of the house to an apartment with some friends. He wants to take the Silver A with him.

My neighbor is doing a kitchen remodel and is replacing her cutting board counters. She asked if I wanted any of the cutting boards (yeah...no brainer) and I cut a board down to replace the side board on the Silver A. Put rubber feet on it so that it would fit snug in the space and also could be taken off an used as a cutting board. Win-win
    Attached Files

Nice.

Comment

Looks good. Does it come with a bungee cord?

Comment

I wouldn't follow him to the new place if I were you.

Nice score on the wood countertops. When in my teens the local bowling alley changed out some lanes. How do you wear out a bowling lane? They just piled the old ones outside. A friend and I made a weightlifting platform out of some. I wish I had grabbed some for the future.

Comment

Awesome way to salvage things! I gave my Silver A (2002) to my daughter and her husband when they got married last May. While I was aware that the side table just lifts right off the frame, I don't recall removing it, and somehow it made it to their house 5 miles away without flying off when I hauled it over there last year.

That is a great grill, and in my opinion, much better built than the Weber Genesis II 4 burner that I bought in 2019.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here