Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get an opinion on this USED Weber Genesis E-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get an opinion on this USED Weber Genesis E-330

I am planning on purchasing a Weber grill in the next few weeks. I recently moved to Charleston and didn't bother bringing my old, cheap gas grill. My goal is to obtain a grill with a very high temperature for searing and the ability to do 2-zone cooking...at an affordable price. I had my eye set on the Weber line, either the Spirit or the Genesis.

Then I ran acorss this ad in Craigslist. This looks like a lightly grill. The owner says it was purchased in 2011.

What is the consensus on this unit vs an newer model? Is the price a good deal? Thanks in advance!

Weber 6532001 Genesis E-330 Copper Porcelain Enamel 3-Burner 38,000-BTU Liquid Propane Gas Grill. Purchased in May 2011. Asking $475. Includes: 1) Weber 6532001 Genesis E-330 ($800 retail) 2) Weber...

I think its a good price for that. Considering it's CL and there's more than likely room to move in there. Maybe go take a look at it. Take a tank and test fire it.

For less than the price of a new E-330 you could wind up with a nice used one. a WSM and still have some cash left.

Looking at his WSM ad this seller could be one of us : )
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 12, 2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

It sounds like a fine purchase. Weber gas grills last a very long time and because they are so modular in their construction worn or damaged parts can be easily replaced. Like Jon Solberg said, if it fires up you should be good to go.

Comment

• atlpbc
        atlpbc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the opinion.

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
      I think its a good price for that. Considering it's CL and there's more than likely room to move in there. Maybe go take a look at it. Take a tank and test fire it.

For less than the price of a new E-330 you could wind up with a nice used one. a WSM and still have some cash left.

Looking at his WSM ad this seller could be one of us : )

LOL

I thought the same thing. No need for the WSM though. I have fallen in love with the Pit Barrel Cooker for all my smoking needs. 8-)

I think I will make arrangements to go see it.

Comment

I have one just like it and love it. I think that's a good price considering everything that comes with it.

Comment

I think it looks great. Beat him up a little and spend the money on some grillgrates.

Comment

Show him $350 in cash, he'll take it.
            Or show him $475 for that and the WSM, he'll take it.

Comment

just buy the WSM a chimney starter a bag Kingsford, spring for a prime or higher brisket 30 pack blue mtns. and let the peps. sing your praises. just sayin! p.s. labor day is coming home depot and Lowes 2 bags for $9.98 time to stock up

Comment

I'm picking the Weber grill up Wednesday. Final deal: $400, includes the grill, the propane tank, a weber cover, a set of weber bbq tools, a weber smoker box, 2 weber grill out handle lights, and...I got him to throw in a set of Maverick wireless temp monitors. Thanks for the thoughts, suggestions and opinions.

Comment

• smarkley
                  smarkley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude... I want to take you car shopping with me LOL

Congrats atlpbc! Great score right there!

Comment

Great score - I admit I was not a Weber fan but I bought a Spirit two years back because it fit exactly where I needed it, both physically and financially. It has been a terrific little gasser, I think the first gas grill I've owned that the ignitor lasted more than one year. Temps are even and it covers a pretty nice range.

Comment

Congrats, atlpbc . Sounds like you got a great deal!

Kathryn

Comment

Fired the grill up last night. For steaks. Everything seemed to work great. Was using the 2 zone method to reverse sear. Nice low temp for the cooking part.

Ran into trouble w/the sear. The temperature would not go past 426. All burners on full plus the sear burner. I was using the GrillGrates product as well.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why the temp wouldn't get hotter?
                      Last edited by atlpbc; August 23, 2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

How long did you let it burn at full throttle atlpbc ?

It could be in By Pass? Maybe try a reset just to see.

http://help.weber.com/faqs/3/my-lp-g...han-250-to-300

Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 23, 2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmmm... Thanks for the by pass video. I'd never heard of this before. I've had that happen more than once and had no idea what the problem was.

• atlpbc
                          atlpbc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for this video! I had no idea about a "bypass".

Just did a test. Over 700 in the lid thermo and HHH on the Maverick. Thanks! Photos to follow...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here