Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Saber Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Saber Grates

I love my Saber, but the grates have a fair amount of carbon build up on them, despite regular cleaning (using the tool that came with the grill, the Saber Cool touch nylon grill brush, and regularly removing the grates before cooking). Any suggestions on cutting through the carbon and getting them cleaner?

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit. Someone familiar with your grates will be along shortly to help. It would help if we knew what type of grates you have, (CI or ceramic coated or ?).
    Last edited by RonB; June 3, 2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I know the Saber grates are a unique design, but maybe you can flip them over and do an all-burner, highest heat burn off. That works pretty well on most style grates, except for Grill Grates (they do not recommend this method for their grates).

The other method that I have used is to soak the grates in a plastic tub with 10-1 dilution of Simply Green. You can up the concentration, but I find the 10-1 standard works well. Soak for several hours, then scrub off with a scrubby sponge.

Comment

Easy Off oven cleaner for the grates outside the grill.

Comment

There are many fans here of the Grill Rescue steam brush including me.

Comment

Just got a Saber and am still learning it, and loving it at the same time. I use the nylon brush only for the emitter plate. The carbon on the cooking grate is typically too tough for the nylon. I pull the grates off and run a wire bristle brush over them. They are stainless steel and can handle it. I never use the wire brush on the grates while they are still on the grill though. Don't want to damage the emitter plates.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here