Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recteq G450 Matador??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recteq G450 Matador??

I am looking for experience with the newest version of the Recteq Matador G450 gas Wok cooker. I think they've changed the burner design with this iteration and looking for feedback on it here.

It comes with a SS Wok and cover. Looks like a nice addition for stir frys, etc. on the back porch. Any owners out there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture1.JPG
Views:	1041
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	974459Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1062
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	974460

Don't normally link to another chat forum, but in this case it will likely be useful for you. It's aimed at RT owners and not meddled with by the company. Some decent commentary both good, and less so. (2) Matador RT-G450 | Rec Teq Pellet Grill Forum (recteqforum.com)

Comment

No experience with it, but when I purchased my RT-700 they threw a Matador G450 in for free during the black friday sale in November. I confess its still in the unopened box because I am not sure what it will do that my Blackstone won't. Thinking about selling it but trying to convince myself I need it.

Comment

I've never understood the niche that these fill. You can't do things that need a flat surface (breakfast stuff, etc) and unless you stir-fry a lot for sizable crowds....

Comment

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          That's it - an outside Wok and can also be used with a giant cast iron skillet I use to make roux. Roux is not something I make in the house due to smoke and smell it leaves!

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          Um, if your roux is smoking, you're doing it wrong (presuming we're talking the oil+flour combination)

But why not a wok over a vortex etc? This thing is 23" across that's HUGE and it feels like you're not cooking for 2 people on it without wasting a lot of space.Mind you, if someone has a use for it, awesome it just feels like a really small niche.
          Last edited by rickgregory; January 16, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Originally posted by SmokeyNate View Post
        No experience with it, but when I purchased my RT-700 they threw a Matador G450 in for free during the black friday sale in November. I confess its still in the unopened box because I am not sure what it will do that my Blackstone won't. Thinking about selling it but trying to convince myself I need it.
        I wonder if they weren't clearing out the stock with the units with the previous burner design. Evidently at one point it had a single controlled burner. They are now using two zone concentric burners with separate controls. I am not sure when they made the change. They also were recently forced to change their name from RecTec to Recteq due to some Trademark issues. Did your RT-700 have RecTec on it vs. the new name? How about the Matador?

It appears that they ran out of all stock on both the RT700 and the Matador with their promotion in November. I suspect that some folks were lucky enough to get the new burner design. You may want to open the box and see what you got??

The "give away" made people believe they were discontinuing the Matador but it just came back in stock. In the last few weeks lots of folks were posting on FB looking for people wanting to sell their freebie that they'd received.

Here's what the later burner looks like:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Matador Burner.JPG Views:	0 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	974814
        Last edited by Alphonse; January 16, 2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          The new burner, plus other design changes were released somewhere April/May '20.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here