Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MHP, Everdure grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MHP, Everdure grills

Looking at getting a gasser for grilling. Useful to me for many things, ease of use, fast cooks, etc. The MHP has a layer of discs instead of flavor bars, a friend told me that people that have such a thing found them to be more of an indirect heat type of thing and were dissatisfied with them for grilling. Also looking at an Everdure Furnace, that is a bit different. Do any of you have experience with those? Both of those are cast aluminum I believe, should last forever. At that price range I would also be looking at a Weber Genesis or a Napoleon.

I know nothing about the grills, but I was gifted a bag of Everdure lump charcoal and it was really premium stuff, on par with Fogo. For what that’s worth.

Comment

I have neither of the two units you mentioned. However I do have a MHP grill in my herd. I have a Phoenix Profire grill that gets alot of usage around my house. Its much like a Holland Grill but with temperature controls. They are an easy company to work with on warranty issues.
      I know its the cook not the grill but my family enjoys steaks off the Phoenix more than any grill/kamado I own with the exception of the Sunterra Santa Maria grill.

Comment

I know nothing of the grills but know what I need in a gasser - sear temps. Make sure it hits the high notes quickly and economically.

Comment

Sorry cannot help. For a gasser, I have mostly used the Summit.

Comment

I have an MHP hybrid. two conventional burners and 1 searing ceramic infrared burner. It's a lot of functionality in a little package. I like the ceramic discs. This grill gets plenty HOT.. Too hot sometimes. Mine came with their "SearMagic" which are pretty close to grill grates. I love em. I cook on the flat side about 80% of the time.

It's a tank. I have had mine for 12 years and it's still kicking butt. Never covered! Easy to get the replacement parts for the ones that aren't covered by warranty. Unfortunately, those are the ones that go about every 5 years. (ignitors, infrared burner). Every couple of years I pull out the all pieces clean it out and she is good as new.

Comment

I had an MHP I bought it because I was sick of my grills rusting. I know they are built to last but my burners rusted out in 6 months and I was done with it. It is aluminum and the body will last forever but it felt flimsy to me (the lid on a PK360 is much heavier by comparison).

I bought a DCS to replace it and that is a monster. If that ever dies I will get a Weber Summit stainless I believe that it is the best value high quality grill.

Comment

Amazing Ribs has a video featuring a warped cast lid.
                It does look pretty nice.

Comment

Just finished our review for the Everdure FORCE 2-Burner: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...everdure-force

Comment

• Old Glory
                    Old Glory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seems like a miss. Great review thanks!

• Mark V
                    Mark V commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, great review. A lot of info in there that you really need to know before buying.

I have and love my MHP WNK. It is a workhorse you never have to cover and easy to clean (you just shut the cover) and vacuum every once and a while. I cook everything from delicate fish to roistering turkeys. With the two sided burner controls, you can truly BBQ or Grill. I have had this grill for over 8 years. Most likely my wife will bury it next to me. You won't go wrong with a MHP.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mark V
                    Mark V commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't want to give my wife ideas.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here