Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to estimate the value of an old Ducane gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to estimate the value of an old Ducane gas grill

My FIL gifted us his Ducane propane grill a couple of years ago when the in-laws were downsizing. It is a model 30400042, stainless steel construction, and HEAVY. Pretty sure it's at least 15 years old, but in good shape. Five burners @12,000 btu's each, plus a side burner and infrared rear burner. It has a rotisserie kit, but is likely missing a few parts.

I have a Blackstone Pro Series 36" cooking station in my cross-hairs, but I need to move the Ducane to make room on the deck, and I have no clue what it's worth. Anyone know how to find this information? Google just gives me an endless list of places to buy parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200630_091916.jpg
Views:	11561
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	872549
    Last edited by Steve R.; June 30, 2020, 07:21 AM.

There is a way to search completed listings on ebay, but I have not done it. Not sure how often these get listed on ebay.

Comment

It sounds like a Premium Gas Grill so in my mind it's worth in the neighborhood of a new entry level grill?

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kind of what I'm thinking as well.

My gut is telling me you have a Ducane Meridian sitting in front of you. If it is, it's exactly as Skip says. Very pricey when new. Well constructed and parts are still availiable.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not 100% sure, but I think this one predates the Meridian. Definitely well constructed and parts are easy to find. I wish I at least knew how to read the serial number.
        Last edited by Steve R.; June 30, 2020, 07:27 AM.

• Fcrowder49
        Fcrowder49 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a 30400042. I have the very same one. Just replaced the burner tubes, covers, & grill gates. I just received a new electric ignition button & 36" wire. Trying to find out how to take out the bad one & install the new button & wire. Weber bought out Ducane and basically stopped getting parts. The control panel is no longer carried by anyone as well as the control knobs unfortunately. My rotisserie went belly up & even that is not available. Very frustrating.

Steve R. I went thru this nut roll on a Ducane (BIL's) about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly the last 4 digits were calender year and month of build. It's pretty fuzzy in my mind and might hsve that confused with my AOG. But I do remember that I ended up out on the Appliance Grill Parts website and thought I figured it out. Not so fast Jeff...then I noticed I was prompted to live chat. I obliged gave them the serial number which they identified grill model and name. They had at the time all parts I needed to fix his grill.
      My BIL's grill was a Metidian and really looks like your pic.
      Seeing how Weber bought out Ducane they maybe able to help you if you can get through to them.
      Who ever buys that grill is getting a great product with no cheesey sweat shop stainless steel in it.

Comment

Hi Steve R. - I just picked one these Ducane's up and am looking for another one to get some parts off of it. Have been having a difficult time getting the control panel (the one I have is completed erased) and maybe the manifold and valves. Please let me know if you can think of anywhere that I may be able to get some of these parts. I've tried various sites online, but none have them in stock or could get them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, I can't help you there. I was really searching for pricing information on the actual grill, so I skimmed over anything related to parts. On the surface, it appeared they were everywhere, but maybe not.

Hi Steve R. I know this is old but my ex and I bought the exact model 17 years ago and it cost around $1500 at the time from Home Depot. We fought over who got this when we split 5 years later and I won!!! I still have it and it works like a charm and I would never part with it. It has been outside with a various covers and has only one tiny bit of rust on the inside of a door. It was at the time...A top of the line model until weber bought Ducane. I hope you kept it or at least got someone to buy it that loves theirs and just needed a few extra parts. I just bought new burner covers for mine but my grates have just been cleaned a couple times a year and they are still in great shape. This was the one thing that the ex and I both wanted and I am so glad I ended up with it. Everyone that has ever came over for a cookout compliments it and can't believe after all this time, it still looks new and still works like a charm. Never an issue firing it up each spring. And I live in Indiana and we have harsh winters.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that sounds about right. Pretty sure it came from Home Depot, and about that long ago. As I mentioned, this was a hand me down from my FIL when the in-laws downsized about 3 years ago. They REALLY needed to downsize, and we ended up with way more stuff than we had room to put it. I wanted a Blackstone griddle, so this beast of a grill had to go. Cheap, to a good home. Or any kind of home. 😄

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here