Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to replace the drip/grease pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replace the drip/grease pan

I Have a 2 year old grill that is awesome however the drip/grill plate under the burners has rusted out and completely fallen off. The grill is not safe to use with the direct flame now directly over the propane tank. Any ideas, I was thinking of going to the restaurant store and replacing it with a sheet pan.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if replacement parts are available?

Comment

Make and model?

Comment

I've donated two grills to a local church that did the same thing. On one, they found hotel pans that fit and riveted them in, they use that one for cooking, the other one they had to fab up a new tray and it's iffy so they use for baking arts and crafts and car parts and other things you would never put in your food oven

If you're lucky and it's a name brand grill you might be able to buy a replacement.

Comment

It's a Dyna-Glo grill from Home Depot. The replacement part is over half of the price of the grill brand new. I do plan on looking for some hotel pans to use as a replacement part.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            If th part is that pricey, might I suggest lookin round on CL, etc. locally fer a used, but nicer gas grill? Weber, etc. ? I see em alla th time, here.

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            It sounds like planned obsolescence so they can make there money from parts. It has been known to happen before.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here