Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Grill Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Grill Suggestions

I will soon be in the market for a new gas grill. The one at island my vacation home is giving up the ghost. The cabinet portion is literally rusting out from under it. Due to the ever present salt air, it needs to be stainless steel (problem with the dying one.) It also needs to have, or be able to be fitted with a rotisserie. I am REALLY interested in finding one with a rear infrared rotisserie burner. They seem to be really hard to find anymore, particularly given my final requirement which is that it can't "break the bank." Does anybody have any thoughts/ideas?

Weber Genesis 2 is stainless. Check out the E310. 10 year warranty. I have one and love it.

Comment

I don't know what to tell you other than you might want to think in the opposite direction. Instead of expensive, stainless steel, etc. You might want to think cheap and just plan to replace every few years. That salt environment is a problem period. And does it really need to be a gasser? Lots to rust out on one of those. Perhaps a decent charcoal kettle or whatever. Oh and one other thing I have found. Nuts, bolts screws, etc are often the weakest point on a unit. Toss those, go to Tractor Supply where you can buy such hardware by the pound and purchase replacements and install initially while the unit is new. Toss the nuts bolts, screws etc that come with most units in the trash.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Yes, it has to be a gasser. But you have given me something to think about.

I am not sure what you consider breaking the bank... however I would give the Broil King a look:

That is not the only one Broil King has with rotisserie burner... but they range in prices.
      Last edited by Nate; March 26, 2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I like my Blaze which has a lifetime warranty. The rotisserie, infrared burner, and sear burner are great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0fNhBOBubAridplS1eIAcHxSnz6sCxlzaoJIeI8F53wKAuGsYVUGqh_Fcri3sED66uwkwnRw4LAc-5Fqkb1em9WKu5a7FSu2aW9xcgZHysjGKaB1WtD_Jm5O7w0u3I97a6Y0BBfpVTg_siw06C2aZMN37txHxqYWJZmUubant_vaeCBLGntPUme7szpxqVLu6U4oaNNyXVy88ANliPAG0Dp39A6VhGEpJxJgO4enOsQvWzS7x5Ee-GxhqXL8HJJ
Views:	380
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	820727

Name:	qvvw3Oq9sxL2KT-GSp22_rqIOx_Ad_UIqT9lK3glMm2ooEzGjfr3Cdm8tydqiDwgMhGho31qNOYOcCxm-2Po1MDmAlsGGxdfKDYR480IQk6Tr7cExLOZRQvK2Gx_KzdIq_Zf6zYdrnClhz2cQdL_tumhjiZE92zRIwOCfOtIUJunilkmRS7kboj655KTERP8SbU8OIaZ4DK0EMSmXiVWgC38Go0ZRsE6wI1ymwB3IXlOBcEPwTpZh9gprmo-TcM
Views:	369
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	820728

Name:	9GgZbSph99rOKTQnqLk0h2e2OVqaeXyTUyRh7KxMfTrnktIDM1JDP8Dg3bQpBZSWJGXkLJ_K7PVAEso_q6COZW-HHN5prfgFs6_NLbu6quIqFduWzFDXGg9GGffshGy8pOXOMFsZaR-5oMSP26E8x4J67EnmxVEHxqZvI5mRqcWj5ynfpZ2BBKAOmBGf1tzAfcV1OtQLbJ4MAtcJ07tjLJ4t1Q0gUxy9FAgEDBv6AEuxr0WJK7-4vQl3TtQXOSx
Views:	366
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	820725

Name:	CLlc5DiK9R-Q8CeZsEvmCpZmyMBpf8ea8YrGQopUSml8fn90lr1YiMiTz3HXL4OaxEb6KkmpS1aMb8Meef6mwgjyzM3fb9BQJtb_rPOpwc5hxxg0eyi5-lnwtXbHv5I2_Kd9P_otjFGRbs1sV2MCsnm8epOao4UE5t9F5bZbr1A9-VIzBDjMcG_9H9LUaZr217qOCFReMWm7orVCMr5f2VASW1GJGuL99AGLM0rhyLEtf3Rr1fob0tkRVSclN8z
Views:	374
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	820726

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Blaze also sells a 316 stainless version that is specifically designed for marine/sea air environments.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          GolfGeezer - Blaze is out of my price range, as noted above. I find a grill at Home Depot that is $570 and had everything I'm looking for. That's probably the one I'll go with. I'm sure the quality will be less than stellar, but of it lasts a few simmers, it's all good. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          But you'll just have to replace it again.

"Blaze gas grills have a lifetime warranty that warrants against any defects in the manufacturing and workmanship on the control valves, cooking grids, stainless steel housing, stainless steel burners, flame tamers, heat zone separators, and all other stainless steel components. All electrical and ignition components are covered for one (1) year after the date of purchase. Grills must be registered within thirty days for the warranty to apply."

I know someone recommended the Genesis II E (stainless) series, but since you desire a rotisserie, I advise you to steer clear of the Genesis II. I have the rotisserie, but unfortunately the design of the Genesis II series is such that the rotisserie just has no clearance. You have to remove the grates when using it, and even then, a 5 pound chicken comes close to brushing the flavorizer bars as it spins. Forget a larger bird like a turkey. Aside from the rotisserie being a thumbs down, I like my Genesis II.

I saw some nice Broil King grills last year at Lowe's that had rear rotisserie IR burners, but didn't look close enough to see if they had a stainless steel model. The problem is getting the cart itself all stainless I think. Blaze and other more expensive grills probably fill that requirement.

Comment

• Blues1
          Blues1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I posted about the Genesis, but you are correct. Rotisserie leaves much to be desired!

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Genesis is out of my price range and, as far as I can tell, none of them have a rear rotisserie burner.

I have a Weber Genesis II stainless and the stainless shelves and hood have both begun rusting at the end of the first year.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          What's their warranty look like?

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          They have at least a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. I am sure they’ve gone from 304 stainless to a cheaper grade in recent years..

craigslist

Comment

• ScottyC13
          ScottyC13 commented
          Editing a comment
          I second this. You can find good used Webers on Craigslist. Broil Kong’s too.

MHP Grills are aluminum and don't rust.

Comment

Broil King Baron series. I have a Broil King Baron 5 burner. It is not the rotisserie model, but can be fitted with one. I believe they have a rear rotisserie burner model. The Broil King is a solidly built grill.

Comment

While they have a 10 year warranty I never considered using it for the ss part that are rusting. I spoke to my dealer and he said it's a cheaper ss with the grill made in China. So I'd just trade the bad parts for parts that would rust a year later.

Comment

I really like my Saber. Would also, if I were in the market, look at Napoleon grills too.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee the Saver gets hot. Does a nice job with searing and hot fast cooks and it gets hot fast. That said some of the new Napoleon can do charcoal too. Really love my YS-640.
                Now I want an offset stickburner and like the LSG’s a lot.

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                @sweatypaul - I, too, find myself being seduced by the LSG. So far, I am managing to keep it at bay, but I'm not sure for how long.

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Dewesq55 I have also looked at Gator Pits too. I have a strong hankering for an offset. Leaning towards an offset pipe smoker, however, can see why folks like the offset vert smokers because of the smaller footprint.

I would also recommend Blaze. If they are out of your range then go with a lesser model from a big box store and use it until it wears out and get another. You may find that this method is 6 of 1 and half dozen of another. The Blaze is stainless throughout and will last forever. Good Luck!

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                You are right that, in the end, it's all the same money (or even less), but it's about cash flow management for me.

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally understand.

If you have a Costco membership, you might check the Kitchenaid they have. It has some stainless and aluminum. Looks like it's $600 online right now, but says might be cheaper in warehouse.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. The one I see doesn't have a rear rotisserie burner, though.

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Dewesq55 Shoot, forgot that requirement. You might need to check Napolean then. They have some made in China models that are more affordable. Also, I saw something at Home Depot last fall that had a rotisserie and was (probably cheap) stainless. Maybe a Cuisinart, I don't remember...seems like it was in the 400-500 range if I remember correctly.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here