Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old becomes new again, thanks to MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old becomes new again, thanks to MCS

My crappy porcelain coated grates were developing rust so rather than purchase replacements that would do the same thing over time I decided to replace them with GrillGrate’s. I’m happy with the upgrade so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4BDD4FAF-C993-4279-ABBF-2445CD254453.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	795919

GrillGrates are awesome. Welcome to the club.

Comment

Enjoy cooking on those Grill Grates. I love mine.

Let us know how you like them.

Kathryn

Comment

That is my plan at some point. But maybe sooner than later.

Comment

So far so good! Made burgers and hot dogs on them (I have a ribeye in the bullpen) and no flare ups and pretty even heat. It will take some getting used to but I didn’t have any hockey pucks which generally happens with flare ups.

Comment

They work great upside down too!

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always wanted to try this, but never have since the underside always looks gross after you've cooked regular side up for a while. How do you clean them when you flip them to use the back sides?

• synodog
              synodog commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking I could flip one or two panels on the side and have it just left that way. glitchy brings up a good point. I suppose I could leave those flipped. Just not sure how they’d sit in relation to the ones right side up. Will need to experiment tonight.

I flipped two panels and tried a steak tonight. Enjoying the results so much I forgot to take pics of the medium rareness...

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Pics not showing up...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here