Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy...

Got a new toy to play with...but haven’t had a chance to even open the box. Doh!
    Hopefully I’ll be able to put it together on Tuesday or so...

Also picked up a couple of "Flame Tamers."
    Depending on how I use it, I might get two more. Time will tell.

Read a bunch o’ revues on the pizza oven accessory and think I might need to grab one. I already have pizza stones for my WSCGC & Summit gasser...but I really like the look of that Camp Chef pizza "doodad." ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D880E06-6577-4E0A-8B9F-CDE995199274.jpeg
Views:	342
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	795826

Jealous....

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I was "considering" one after seeing it online...and then seeing several posts about them here...

When looking again recently, I was told by Camp Chef that it’s been discontinued...with no replacement on the horizon. So that prompted me to get one while I still could. From all the "propaganda" it doesn’t really do anything that any of their other stoves can’t do...it just doesn’t look so "camp site"/temporary as their other offerings. That appealed to me...and portability is a non-issue.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, its another arrow in your quiver, just think of breakfasts prepared on the deck next
      weekend, from eggs right down to the toast or Pizza and not over heating your kitchen cooking inside.
      Again I'm jealous, mind you mine would be sitting in a snowbank right now but the idea of doing a complete meal on one unit....priceless.

Congrats again. Those are so much fun to cook on. I got my eye on the pizza thingy too. So many appliances, so little cash...

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, every so often I go mad and then it’s like "welcome to the real world." What do you mean I have a phone bill due?! LOL
      Last edited by surfdog; January 27, 2020, 09:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Nice!!

Comment

Glad you got one while you could. Your box looks to be in much better shape than mine was when delivered...…….a common complaint with these as you probably saw in your research. I don't remember if we discussed this on Kathryn's threads, but often the leg mounting stubs are a bit bent, to a lot bent. As good as your box looks yours may be on the moderate side. While sturdy enough when assembled, the steel moves fairly easily to straighten the stubs. I used a longish crescent wrench to lever them straight, piece of cake. The only parts I see that might be tough to fix would be the large stainless panels. I also mentioned on Kathryn's thread that the flame out, or refusal to light, is a product of the air adjustment disc on the burner stems (assuming the igniter is positioned correctly). I tried to adjust for max blue flame on the burner, but that didn't work. I had to tamp my OCD and accept a tad bit of yellow in the flame for smooth operation.

Enjoy the heck out of that thing, it is so versatile.

Comment

I have the double burner italia pizza oven attachment for mine. It works great a get HOT. As in maxes out my IR temp gun at over 750°! When the stars align and I get a good run on my part of the pizza, it cooks it phenomenally.

Comment

Congrats! You're going to love it!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here