Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick my next new gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick my next new gas grill

Suggestions? I had a Weber several years ago and the hood inside rusted out. I argued with Weber about it then decided if they weren't going to be easy to work with I'd get another. I did. It was a pretty stainless Charbroil InfraRed unit. Unfortunately, after 4 years the bottom of the firebox has rusted out and fallen down. Now, the burner heat blows on top of the LP tank - DANGEROUS!

Anyway -- The Weber was a real good unit until 12 years took its toll on it. That I would call an acceptable run considering the $$ of the unit. That and looking back I would have been able to repair it and probably still be using it.
    The Charbroil was great while it lasted. I think I NEED IR again. The best chicken on a gas grill was off that IR unit.

I just looked a the neat little pelllet GRILL Sears carries. The Myron Mixon one. It isn't IR and I truly wonder how well it will work as an actual GRILL, not smoker. I have a CampCgef PG24 pellet smoker unit. Just doesn't get me the high temps I want for grilling.

So - all that being said any suggestions? I don't have any $$ to spend so a $2,000 unit isn;t in the budget. $500 would be acceptable but I want to keep with a long(er) lasting grill that I'll be happy with.

Gas or Pellets for ease of use, please!

I wouldn't get a pellet grill for grilling. Go for a gasser. If you can't find one you like with IR, then get some GrillGrates.

Comment

Sam's Club has a really nice looking all stainless model for, I think, $399. I have my eye on it, actually.

Comment

If I needed a small gas grill, it would be hard to pass up that Weber Spirit.

Comment

I will stick with my Weber

Comment

Weber! Mine is still going strong after 15 years. One gas regulator and the top grate needed replaced during that time period. Thinking Genisis 330s is the next one I get, maybe as early as tomorrow. I keep my grill in the garage, they last forever when cared for well.

Comment

Weber Genesis Silver B, Stainless Grates (bought immediately, CI still in box), and Stainless Flavorizer Bars. Going on 14 years and use it frequently. No issues at all with burners, ignitor, gas line, etc.

Saying this, I will stick with it and repair / replace parts until it becomes cost-prohibitive. Then I'll buy another Weber.

Grill Grates might be a really good addition, but I have not researched into them. Have considered, though.

--Ed

Comment

Weber is hard to beat but like anything else you have to take care of it and clean it once in a while. Also try to keep it covered. I have had a Genesis for 12 years and still going strong. Got some Grill Grates and it is even better now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here